Mechanical Engineer Industrial Placement
UK Research and Innovation
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be currently enrolled on an undergraduate degree course, have the right to live and work in the UK, possess basic engineering knowledge and problem-solving skills, and have good interpersonal and communication skills. Basic knowledge of CAD modeling and engineering analysis software is desirable.
- The candidate will perform mechanical and thermal analyses, use 3D CAD software, assist with physical assembly, prepare reports and presentations, and work as part of a multidisciplinary team at UK Research and Innovation.
- The primary duties will be to support the thermal/mechanical analysis and design of accelerator targets and related systems, typically as part of a multidisciplinary team. The group operates a portfolio of projects that vary in scope from initial design development right through to the procurement and commissioning of hardware. In this context the successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their design and analysis skills, supported by our core team of experienced engineers.
- Currently enrolled on an undergraduate degree course
- Are required or have requested to take an industrial placement year
- Able to commence employment in summer 2024
- Have the right to live and work in the UK for the duration of the placement
- Basic knowledge of engineering analysis, materials, and manufacturing techniques
- Clear and logical approach to solving technical problems
- Good written and oral communication skills. Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Basic knowledge of CAD modelling and/or Finite Element Analysis software
- Basic technical knowledge of engineering analysis, including fluid, thermal, and mechanical analysis.
- Part of our application process involves submitting your CV and a cover letter. Your cover letter should address your suitability for the opportunity based on how you meet each essential criteria stated in this advert.
Area of Responsibilities
- Perform mechanical and thermal analyses of accelerator targets and related systems, using a wide variety of tools (eg, Matlab, ANSYS and CFX)
- Use 3D CAD software (e.g. Solid Edge) to develop design solutions from initial concepts through to detailed engineering designs
- Assist with the physical assembly of components and systems
- Prepare reports and oral presentations
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Oct 29, 2023