Mechanical Engineer Intern - 1 Year Placement
🚀 Placement Program
- Join our team! We are a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet. At SLB we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all. That is our purpose. As innovators, that’s been our mission for 100 years. We are facing the world’s greatest balancing act- how to simultaneously reduce emissions and meet the world’s growing energy demands. We’re working on that answer. Every day, a step closer. Our collective future depends on decarbonizing the fossil fuel industry, while innovating a new energy landscape. It’s what drives us. Ensuring progress for people and the planet, on the journey to net zero and beyond. For a balanced planet.
Area of Responsibilities
- We are looking for a Mechanical student to join our team for a 12-month placement, starting Summer 2023. This is an excellent opportunity for you to work on the design of some of the most exciting new design projects in the UK and worldwide. Under the guidance of our team of expert engineers this role will provide you with opportunities to assist our design team with detailed Mechanical engineering design and analysis; defining and translating clients’ needs into designs.
- After an induction program on systems and technologies, you will then join one of our engineering teams where you will be mentored and coached. Undergraduates on the 12-month placement will then rotate through different engineering disciplines to gain a deeper understanding.
- Strong interest in Mechanical Design
- Working towards a degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Preferably be in your second or third year of study
- A strong work ethic, innovation and a high degree of motivation
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Active involvement and leadership in extracurricular activities