Network Engineer Industrial Placement
UK Research and Innovation
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for this industrial placement should currently be enrolled on an undergraduate degree course and have the right to live and work in the UK for the duration of the placement. They should have knowledge or experience in network routing, switching, firewalling, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and wired and wireless networking. Additionally, they should possess effective communication skills and the ability to work independently. The candidate must be available to commence the employment in summer 2024.
- As a Network Engineer Industrial Placement at UK Research and Innovation, the candidate will be responsible for resolving customer requests, maintaining team documentation, installing new network equipment, and contributing to network development projects.
- The placement will provide support for the daily operation, and perhaps longer term development, of the STFC network, under the supervision of more senior network engineers.
- Currently enrolled on an undergraduate degree course
- Are required or have requested to take a placement year
- Have the right to live and work in the UK for the duration of the placement
- Able to commence employment in summer 2024
- Knowledge or experience of network routing, switching and firewalling
- Knowledge or experience of TCP/IP
- Knowledge or experience of DNS and DHCP
- Knowledge or experience of wired and wireless networking
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Effective communication skills
Area of Responsibilities
- Resolving customer requests and fault reports, submitted electronically as Service Desk tickets
- Maintaining team documentation
- Undertaking or assisting with the configuration and installation of new network equipment, such as network switches and Wi-Fi Access Points
- Contributing to projects which develop or enhance the STFC network and how it is operated.
Oct 29, 2023