Nonprofit Leadership Internship
The Borgen Project
- The Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy. This is a part-time 12-hours per week, unpaid telecommuting internship. The internship is for 12 weeks, however, if your availability is limited, you can work ahead and complete the program in fewer weeks.
- The role and will give an insight into the key skills required to lead and develop a nonprofit organization.
Area of Responsibilities
Business, Operations & Strategy
- Advocacy Leadership Development – Meet with members of Congress and/or Congressional staffers in your State and District; represent The Borgen Project at various business, political and community events; mobilize individuals to contact their members of Congress in support of key poverty-reduction legislation.
- Fundraising Development – Learn how to fundraise. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet targets.
- Recruitment – Update job postings; inform groups and classes of openings, introduction to recruitment platforms and listening in to interviews.
- Marketing and Promotion – Pitch story ideas to print, broadcast and digital media and utilize social media and develop strategies for web-based messaging.
- Self-starter who can produce great results with limited supervision.
- Strong oral communication skills and ability to lead meetings and give speeches.