Political Affairs Internship
The Borgen Project
- The Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy. This is a part-time 12-hours per week, unpaid telecommuting internship.
- The internship is for 12 weeks, however, if your availability is limited, you can work ahead and complete the program in fewer weeks.
Area of Responsibilities
Media & Journalism
- Meet with members of Congress and/or Congressional staffers in your State and District.
- Represent The Borgen Project at various business, political and community events.
- Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet targets.
- Mobilize individuals to contact their members of Congress in support of key poverty-reduction legislation.
- As needed, speak to groups, classes and organizations.
- Write letters of support for key programs to political leaders, media and other groups.
- Outstanding writing skills.
- Self-starter who can produce great results with limited supervision.
- Strong oral communication skills and ability to lead meetings and give speeches.