Quantitative Analyst - Macro Investment Teams, 2024 Summer Internship Program
Balyasny Asset Management L.P.
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for this quantitative analyst internship must be a 1st year Master's or PhD student in a quantitative field, with programming experience in Python, knowledge of various financial instruments, statistics, and strong organization and communication skills.
- The candidate will work on data analysis projects and trade idea generation, assist with trade booking and risk management, develop models on market-relevant topics, and learn about macro products and trading strategies in the role of a quantitative analyst intern for Balyasny Asset Management.
- The Macro Team is looking for a rotational Analyst Intern to work across all asset classes, products and securities and help with all facets of portfolio management from developing tools and reports that help find new trades and risk manage a portfolio, to back-testing new trade ideas. The ideal candidate will have a quantitative background with experience coding in Python and familiarity with Excel. Experience with some macro products (Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities). This is a unique opportunity to get exposure to the various asset classes and products of Macro investing.
- 1st Year Master’s Student or PhD student in a quantitative field. Bachelor’s in computer science, finance, mathematics, or other quantitative discipline
- Programming experience in Python in the context of data analysis, with the ability to test ideas and develop infrastructure for further research
- Understanding and exposure to options, equity index futures, commodity futures, fixed income futures, interest rates swaps and foreign currencies
- Knowledge of statistics, including time series analysis and regressions
- Strong organization skills with the ability to present results clearly and iterate with PMs accordingly
- The ideal candidate for an intern position will be someone who has or is interested in:
- Strong desire to work collaboratively with the team
- High standard of professionalism in all dealings with internal staff and any external partners, clients and regulatory agencies
- Problem solving skills and ability to identify and implement appropriate solutions
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently to meet/exceed deadline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong organization skills
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- In the role of a Macro Analyst Intern, depending on the candidate’s background, there will be opportunities to/for:
- Work on data analysis projects, prototyping and back-testing that have direct influence on trade idea generation
- Help with trade booking, order flow, running live risk and pnl
- Generate and implement ideas for improvement of existing strategies and optimize current portfolio
- Help build market monitors and relative value reports to identify and track new trades
- Develop models on market-relevant topics, e.g. Fed balance sheet runoff, election probabilities, etc.
- Learn about various macro products and trading strategy and tools