Research & Development Scientific & Regulatory Affairs Internship/Placement Year 2024 - 2025
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- Candidate must be studying towards a Food Science, Nutrition or law related degree with a predicted 2:1 end result. They should be naturally inquisitive, have strong analytical and communication skills, and be proactive and adaptable. Knowledge of MS Office and IT competence is required.
- The candidate will work with the Regulatory Affairs team and other departments to ensure compliance with regulations, review and approve product labeling, provide regulatory advice, monitor emerging regulations, and support advocacy efforts.
- Are you studying towards a Science Degree (e.g. food science, nutrition, engineering or related discipline) Do you want a taste of the career you could have with Mondelez? Sink your teeth into one of our sweet internships.
- Our Internships are 12 months long (although some roles have the flexibility to be shorter) and during your placement, we’ll make you an integral part of our team and give you a real job – with real responsibilities – from day one. We hope to help you expand your horizons and encourage your personal and professional development.
- We want to make sure you get the most from your time with us. That’s why once you join we’ll work out ambitious but achievable goals for you. Then through the support of a mentor and regular reviews with your manager, we’ll help you achieve them.
- Regulatory affairs work closely with the Research & Development and Marketing departments to ensure all product labelling meets food labelling legislation & internal guidance and are not misleading to the consumer.
- Scientific Affairs manage emerging regulations in the areas of food labelling, health and nutrition policy, ingredients and technologies and communicate these to internal stakeholders in a timely manner to drive awareness, actions, and advocacy plans.
- Studying towards a Food Science, Nutrition or law related degrees
- 2:1 degree - predicted end result (or equivalent)
- Naturally inquisitive and passionate about technical excellence and sciences
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Pro-active, highly motivated, ready to take on new responsibilities and build strong relationships
- Keen eye for detail
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and to be IT competent
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
Research & Development
- To work with the Regulatory Affairs team, Marketing, RDQ and Project Managers to help ensure that all Mondelez products that are marketed and advertised in the UK and Irish markets are compliant with external laws and regulations and are marketed in a responsible, fair, and honest manner.
- To help review and approve all product labelling (artwork) including:
- Legal name
- Ingredients and allergens
- Nutrition Information
- Product Claims
- Nutrition and Health Claims
- To ensure they comply with internal policy and corporate requirements.
- To help review and approve all commercial advertising, consumer and trade press releases, websites, and social media to ensure they comply with Food Labelling Legislation and advertising regulations.
- To help devise legal names and claims on new product development
- To provide regulatory advice and guidance to Project Managers and Brand Marketers on their projects and queries.
- Submitting comments into artwork approval system
- To take part in specification system Data Excellence, Digitalization initiatives.
- Support the Scientific Affairs team with horizon scanning and external monitoring of EU and UK emerging regulations and National Food Strategies
- Support the Scientific Affairs team with Impact Assessments of emerging regulations
- Support the Scientific Affairs team with creating and building communication materials on emerging regulations
- Support the Scientific Affairs team with the development and implementation of our external advocacy positions
- Create and update our Global and EU trackers on food labelling, health and nutrition policies.
Nov 8, 2023