Research & Insights (Sandwich Placement)
🚀 Placement Program
- Do you have an interest in media, marketing and understanding changing behaviours and consumer decision making? Mindshare is offering the opportunity for someone to complete their sandwich placement year within the Research and Insights team. We are looking for someone who is curious, intuitive and keeps their finger on the pulse of ever-changing cultural trends.
- A team of 10 research specialists, we’re a collaborative group that works across all Mindshare’s clients. We focus on understanding brands’ business needs, their audiences, and the industry they operate in. Working with different members of the team, you’ll be helping solve the tough questions on our clients’ minds – Who are our consumers? Why aren’t Gen Z engaging with our brands? You will gain experience with the latest media research tools and speak to people first hand to investigate what influences their behaviours and how this impacts their purchase journey. You will develop a wide range of research techniques from identifying the latest cultural trends using desk research, to creating bespoke quant/qual projects (surveys, interviews, focus groups), and understanding people’s online activities (TikTok, Twitter, Reddit, Pinterest, Google Search).
Area of Responsibilities
Research & Development
- A day in the life in the Insights team is ever-changing. You’ll work with data from a variety of sources to build audience profiles and extract key data to create a story. Also, Excel and PowerPoint skills will come to good use on a variety of projects for clients, such as Volvo, Unilever and TK Maxx.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who likes to question the world around them. These are some of the key skills we look for:
- Curious and a problem-solver with an eye for detail
- Confident and accurate with data
- Ability to curate a story from data – explain complex findings in a simple and logical manner
- Be able to work as part of a team and independently as you’ll be responsible for regular reporting that goes directly to clients
- We actively welcome different degrees, backgrounds, experiences, and ways of thinking. An interest in research and human behaviour is vital
- A strong salary commensurate and in-line with relevant experience
- 25 days annual leave and your birthday day off
- Ongoing internal and external training opportunities
- Flexible working
- The opportunity to attend industry conferences and awards nights
- Career and personal progression
- Private Healthcare
- Excellent pension matching structure