Research Intern (Integrative Modelling)
🚀 Placement Program
- Depending on the needs and group, the intern will take part in applied biomedical projects or methodological research projects. In all cases, this internship provides a unique opportunity to study cutting-edge technology on unique real-world data.
Area of Responsibilities
Research & Development
- Explore new and innovative approaches in computational biology and its applications in the medical field;
- Collaborate closely with, and receive mentorship from the other members of the R&D;
- Contribute to regular research review;
- Conduct primary research and experimental validation on your topic of study;
- Report your detailed findings to the group and other R&D groups.
You will join a fast-growing, well-funded company with real potential to make an impact on the lives of patients.
- Currently finishing an MSc or a PhD program in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biology, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Mathematics
- Good knowledge about molecular / cancer biology to help interpret analysis results.
- Good programming skills in Python and/or R; ability to ideate and conduct exploratory analyses and data visualisations to aid interpretation.
- Motivation to work at the intersection of healthcare and AI
- Excellence in communication and technical writing
- Experience in Linux/Unix-like environments and Python
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Student status and authorization to work legally in France for the duration of the internship
Nice to Have:
- Prior participation in data science projects and competitions
- Fluency with Git and basic software engineering patterns
- Previous work or projects in one of the expertise areas of R&D: medical imaging, computational biology, biostatistics, federated learning or related privacy-preserving machine learning
- Contribution to publications in conferences and journals (NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, etc.)
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds