Sales and Trading Internship, June-September
🚀 Off-cycle Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate should be a proactive, reliable, and courteous individual studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, with strong interpersonal and communication skills. They should be a self-motivated problem-solver, highly analytical and logical thinker, and skilled in Excel. Fluency in one of four languages is a plus, as is an interest in learning VBA, SQL, and/or Python.
- The Sales and Trading intern at Jane Street will work closely with experienced professionals, assisting in engaging and covering institutional clients, handling client inquiries, and attending internal classes to learn about finance and trading fundamentals. A fast-paced and immersive experience awaits the candidate in this role.
- Our internships center around hands-on mentorship and a robust educational curriculum that includes challenging classes, interactive sessions, and small group discussions. Over the course of 10-12 weeks, you’ll be matched with full-time employees who will mentor you as you tackle real-world projects they design. You’ll also have access to our physical and virtual educational resources, attend guest speakers and social events, and hopefully get a real sense of what it would be like to work here full time.
- If you have a passion for solving interesting problems, an interest in developing client relationships, and a deep curiosity in financial markets we have a feeling you’ll fit right in.
- We don’t expect you to have a background in one specific field--we’re looking for smart, driven people who would enjoy working with clients to solve interesting problems. We’re more interested in how you think and learn than what you currently know. You should be:
- Studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Proactive, reliable, and courteous with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A self-motivated and entrepreneurial problem-solver that is excited about building relationships with our clients and partners
- A highly analytical and logical thinker, comfortable working with numbers
- Extremely organized with excellent attention to detail
- Skilled in Excel
- Interest in learning VBA, SQL and/or Python
- Fluency in one of the following languages is a plus: French, Italian, Spanish, German
Area of Responsibilities
Sales & Business Development
- As a Sales and Trading intern, you’ll work alongside our experienced Sales people and Sales-Traders, learning how we engage and cover institutional clients on their trading needs in the different asset classes that we cover. They’ll offer insight into the types of client inquiries we handle daily, and you’ll learn how we service our clients, issuers, and prospective clients. The internship is a fast-paced, immersive experience, and you will attend internal classes on various topics where we can teach you the broader fundamentals of finance and trading.