🚀 Placement Program
- The Belmond Commercial Organisation (BCO) have an excellent opportunity for an intern to join the team responsible for the UK, Northern Europe, Middle East and Africa BCO division, for a period of up to 12 months.
- The Sales Trainee will work alongside the Travel Trade support Executives for Meetings, Incentives, Conferences & Exhibitions (MICE) and Leisure liaising and supporting the sales efforts of the different proactive sales teams (BCOs) and Representation companies in EMEA. The EMEA BCO and Representation offices create and strengthen relationships with the Travel trade and MICE industries on behalf of the entire Belmond portfolio, to markets within UK, Northern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- This will involve communication, liaison, and collaboration with on property/product sales and operational teams (PSTs), as well as coordinating and communicating with different agencies and clients globally, whether Travel trade, Corporate or MICE/Celebrations segments and some other third-party suppliers, as required.
- There will continuous coordination and communication, as required and assigned, with different departments within Head office, including, but not solely, B2B Marketing, Corporate Marketing and Communications and the Reservations offices.
- The Sales Trainee will have the opportunity to learn new skills and have a varied experience working with many different geographic markets. The role will provide a fantastic insight into sales, both B2B & B2C and B2B marketing activities in the Leisure, MICE and Celebrations segments.
Area of Responsibilities
Sales & Business Development
- The candidate will assist the Travel Industry and MICE Support Executives and Divisional Director of Sales, UK, Northern Europe, Middle East and Africa in coordinating sales Series, sales events, tradeshows and sales missions.
- Assist with various activities including providing administrative support to the Divisional BCO Teams, as required.
- Update and maintain the Sales database and assist in the coordination and distribution of all relevant sales collateral to the field.
- Support all BCO and Representation offices with their day-to-day administration, including project work, market research, reports and post event follow up and assisting the Sales teams to produce suitable PowerPoint presentations, in conjunction with Brand guidelines and latest visual content from property or Infohub.
- Supporting the EMEA BCO Sales Teams with maintaining and enriching their account and contact database
- Assist BCO teams with research for new account and market prospection within EMEA region
- Collaborate with the Travel Trade Support Executives, to successfully prepare, coordinate and deliver relevant and elevated Belmond brand events, tradeshows and roadshows throughout the Global regions and throughout the year.
- Opportunity to join members of the UK BCO Team members on client visit/sales calls/presentations
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Good PowerPoint skills
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills
- Demonstrable initiative, creative thinking and enthusiasm for the role
- Accuracy and a great attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit
- English language, written and spoken
- This is internship is paid the London Living Wage.
- You will be able to benefit from the companies Hybrid Working Policy in which you will be expected to work a minimum of 3 days per week in the office.