Science Content Manager Industrial Placement
UK Research and Innovation
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- Currently enrolled undergraduate with industrial placement year required, able to work in the UK, GCSE English, keen interest in science communication, website management, excellent writing and organizational skills, team player, willingness to learn, open-minded and flexible.
- The Science Content Manager Industrial Placement will be responsible for researching and presenting science content through various channels, supporting website and social media content creation, developing impact case studies and staff profiles, representing the department at events, and assisting with video production and motion graphics.
- You will join a small team that plays a major role within STFC, promoting science to a range of audiences through various channels including websites, social media, specialist and national media, events, exhibitions and education activities.
- A passion for science and technology, an enjoyment of writing, a willingness to learn new techniques and the ability to explain sometimes complex subject matter in an engaging and understandable way are key for this role. This placement will allow you to develop your communication skills, both through written and other formats, by promoting our science to a wide range of audiences. You must be able to work well both individually and as part of a team.
- Currently enrolled on an undergraduate degree course
- Are required or have requested to take an industrial placement year
- Able to commence employment in summer 2024
- Have the right to live and work in the UK for the duration of the placement
- GCSE English or equivalent
- Keen interest in science and science communication
- Awareness of website management – both content and functionality
- Excellent writing skills
- Good organisational skills
- Demonstrate good team working capabilities
- The willingness to learn new skills, both technical and non-technical
- Open minded and flexible in relation to the type of work assigned to them
- A-levels or equivalent in Science and English
- Experience in writing for publication
- Experience in graphic design, social media or video/audio production
- Part of our application process involves submitting your CV and a cover letter. Your cover letter should address your suitability for the opportunity based on how you meet each essential criteria stated in this advert.
Area of Responsibilities
Research & Development
- Researching, writing and presenting our science through a range of written, verbal and visual channels.
- Support website and social media content creation and development
- Developing impact case studies and staff profiles
- Helping to deliver a strong departmental presence at events, such as the annual Supercomputing conferences
- Supporting other communication team activities such as video production and motion graphics.
Oct 29, 2023