Software Engineer Intern
- The Software Engineer Intern will be based in the Newcastle office, working to a hybrid schedule. They will be working to apply defined software development life cycle processes to deliver production ready code of the highest quality. This individual will be diligent in testing their code and working with the team to produce MRI Software’s high standard product. They will work under the Agile development methodology in a cross-functional environment with other groups, both inside and outside of the department. They will be able to gain a deeper understanding of specific programming languages such as C#/ Java.
Area of Responsibilities
- Applies defined practices / procedures to design, implement, and support individual software projects.
- Analyses and accurately implements functional and non-functional requirements.
- Designs, codes, tests and maintains deliverables of low to moderate complexity.
- Debugs and troubleshoots software to resolve defects.
- Creates or contributes to clearly documented plans, designs and results.
- Builds effective working relationships with team members.
- Actively seeks assistance as needed but demonstrates learning and growing independence.
- Authors or contributes to technical design documentation, release notes, bug fix documentation.
- Performs and designs testing protocols to ensure that the product is fully tested.
- Delivers production ready code of high quality which satisfies all functional and non-functional requirements.
- Delivers adjusted and corrected code based on regular peer reviews.
- Contributes content to technical writers and reviews product documentation of own deliverables.
- Multitasks in a fast-paced environment while maintaining integrity, reliability, ethical practices and a professional focus on projects.
- Currently studying toward a BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering.
- Experience with or working knowledge of Microsoft programming technologies including .Net Framework, C# and/or VB.Net, SQL Server, TSQL, MS Visual Studio, IIS, Java.