• Starts Jun 25
Software Engineering Internship
🚀 Summer Internship
🤑 £25K - £27K
Apply by May 30
- We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Software Engineering Intern to join our team.
- This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a basic foundational understanding of coding, either through study or passion projects who is looking to take the leap into their first commercial role.
- You’ll join a cross-functional product team and learn from experienced engineers about how to make an impact for our users.
Area of Responsibilities
- You will contribute to the design and code base of distributed AWS cloud systems, Serverless Node.js application back-ends and React web application front-ends.
- You will partner closely with our experienced engineers and learn from hands-on interaction and paired programming with them
- You will contribute to the delivery and maintenance of live features that will be deployed into production
- You will work in a cross functional Agile product squad and take in the regular cadence of ceremonies including stand-ups, planning and retros.
- You will work in a self-organising team in our product ecosystem learning technical development skills (React/Node/AWS) within the squad, learning how to break down complex problems and getting hands-on implementing the solutions to help your squad achieve it's goal.
- Interested in, or already learning React
- A fantastic communicator and someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions
- Excellent at organising and managing your time
- As comfortable driving forward with a task on your own as you are working with a larger team
- Good at paying attention to detail as well as keeping the big picture in mind
- Open to feedback and always looking to learn
- A fast learner able to pick up complex concepts and run with them
- Empathetic and understanding
- Hybrid set up between our beautiful Holborn office and a bit of home working. As this is an intern role, we want to spend as much face-to-face time with you as possible so expect to spend most of your time in the office.
🧠 L&D Budget
- We value continuous learning, you will get £250 during your internship to spend on the training of your choice
- 🌱 Unlimited Coaching Opportunities
- Unlimited access to MoreHappi, an on-demand professional coaching platform to offer all employees access to unbiased and professional coaching opportunities.
🤓 Learning Time
- All employees have dedicated Learning Time to focus on new skills, projects or interests that lay outside of their day-to-day job
🌴 Work-Life Balance
- Everyone needs a break, so enjoy 30 days off (incl. bank holidays) per annum
🛐 Flexi Bank Holidays
- We understand that not everyone aligns with the same calendar; we offer the flexibility to swap your UK bank holidays allowance for other religious or cultural days.
- e.g. switch UK Easter Bank Holidays Days for Eid celebrations
❄️ Office Reset
- All employees can also enjoy the days between Boxing Day and New Year off, to reset and refresh for the new year - this is additional to your annual leave 🙂
💛 Personal Days
- Life happens and we want you to be able to use your annual leave for resting, relaxing or taking time out to do something you love!
- We offer 1 additional day a year for life events (your wedding, relocation, moving house, or a child starting school).
💭 Mental Health
- All employees also get access to a free counselling support service via Spill
💸 Financial Wellbeing
- Track your financial goals and receive financial advice all via Mintago
- We're a tight-knit bunch who enjoy our time to play. We have regular social events and activities for everyone - everything from white water rafting to board game nights.
🍼 Family time
- We believe family is really important; we offer new parents a competitive matched parental leave as well as a phased return to work from extended leave (subject to qualifying conditions).