Spanish Immersion Pharmacy Internship
🚀 Summer Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be a P1 or P2 Pharmacy student, fluent in Spanish, hold an active Pharmacy Intern License, have no felony charges or convictions, be enrolled in an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy, and be open to F1 visa holders.
- The candidate will participate in a Spanish Medical terminology class, attend workshops and webinars, practice pharmacy and Spanish speaking skills, shadow a Spanish speaking pharmacist, collaborate with preceptors, refine clinical skills, and provide excellent patient care while enhancing cultural competency.
- The Spanish Immersion Summer Internship gives student pharmacists the opportunity to be fully immersed in the Spanish language, giving them an opportunity to enhance their Spanish Medical Terminology skills while serving an underserved population. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in the care of patients with a variety of acute and chronic conditions, focusing on the Hispanic community and utilizing the Spanish language. The application of therapeutic principles as well as documentation, communication skills (including Spanish), and drug information skills are emphasized daily through interaction with patients and other health care professionals, emphasizing the Hispanic community and related disease states for those patients.
- Spanish Immersion Interns are placed in CVS Pharmacy locations where many of the patients are Spanish speaking. Throughout the summer, interns enhance their Spanish language skills, dive deeper into the disease states that adversely affect Hispanic populations and participate in meaningful assignments and projects to truly learn what it takes to be a successful Spanish-speaking pharmacist.
- f you are a P1 or P2 (2027 or 2026 grad) Pharmacy student and are able to speak Spanish at a beginner level at minimum
- Active Pharmacy Intern License in the state in which you are employed
- Not on the DEA Excluded Parties List
- No pending felony charges or convictions for criminal offenses involving controlled substances
- Current enrollment in an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy.
- Open to F1 visa holders.
Area of Responsibilities
- Participate in a Spanish Medical terminology class
- Attend Corporate workshops & webinars
- Practice your pharmacy and Spanish speaking skills, while learning more about the culture and the disease states that are most prevalent within the Hispanic Community
- Shadow a Spanish speaking Pharmacist
- Collaborate with experienced preceptors in a store serving a diverse Spanish-speaking community
- Refine your clinical skills while enhancing your cultural competency
- Elevate your Spanish language skills with an emphasis on medical terminology
- As a Pharmacy Intern, you have a critical role at the forefront of delivering our purpose, modeling our values, and demonstrating genuine, authentic care for our patients. In addition to progression and development through our ExperienceRx™ program, you will also be accountable for assisting the Pharmacy team in providing an excellent experience for your patients. This includes the following under the supervision of a Preceptor where legal by state law:
- Participates in all aspects of the prescription filling process
- Providing Patient Counseling
- Collaboration with all Healthcare Professionals to provide coordinated patient care
- Offering Health Screenings and Immunizations when appropriate
- Customer Service
- Patient Safety
- Assisting Pharmacy Patients and Front Store customers with questions
- Pharmacy Professional Practice
- Regulatory Requirements
- Inventory Management
- A key component of the Pharmacy Intern’s role is keeping your customers and patients healthy through adoption and participation of patient care programs. Additionally, you will:
- Display empathy and compassion for your patients, customers, caregivers and colleagues on your team
- Motivate, and inspire your Pharmacy Team by providing, supporting and recognizing excellent patient care
- Identify critical business opportunities and contribute to the development of meaningful solutions to drive growth and improve performance in your pharmacy
- Support implementation of solutions for your team to achieve specified goals
- Adapt to change and adjust plans to thrive in a dynamic community healthcare setting
- Remain current on all new developments, initiatives, and training to help you provide the best experience for your patients
- Seek new ways to grow, collaborate with others, and deliver better outcomes
- Align others around purpose to gain support and commitment to help your patients receive the best patient care
- Actively contribute to a team culture that promotes caring, energy, enthusiasm, and pride