Student Mechanical Engineering Summer 2023 Placement
🚀 Placement Program
- The summer placement programme is 6-8 weeks in length, so your focus will be to ensure each day counts.
- You will assist the Mechanical Engineering Team with the design and management of key projects across an array of sectors to include healthcare, residential, commercial, leisure and defence.
Area of Responsibilities
- Prepare drawings from engineer’s sketches
- Undertake elemental design calculations
- Prepare reinforcement detail drawings and bending schedules
- Carry out general administration and issuing of drawings
- Assist with on-site survey work
This summer placement offers students the opportunity to gain valuable understanding of employment, providing unique industry experience and a chance to make real, positive contributions.
- Pick Everard are looking for dynamic and dedicated students, who are currently in their second or third year of studies on a Building Services Engineering course, and on track to achieve a 2:1 or above.
- We will look at more than just your academic results however, and will also consider your strengths, values, and motivations.
- You must be able to demonstrate your strength of character, and your future aspirations within the industry.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ambitious and motivated, being keen to progress and develop
- A good team player
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage own time
2:1 or higher
- Stakeholder pension
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Childcare benefits
- Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Long service awards
- Annual BeingPickEverard awards
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Discount Scheme
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan
- Cycle to work scheme