Summer Intern – Technical Operations Department
🚀 Summer Internship
- We have an opening for a summer intern to join our Technical Operations Department in Aberdeen for a period of approx. 8 weeks, commencing from June 2023.
- The main areas of learning are detailed below. If you have the mindset to learn and develop your practical experience whilst working as part of a fast paced and responsive team, then we would invite to apply.
Area of Responsibilities
- Gain experience on how to competently prepare, test and maintain a range of the specialist subsea equipment. This will a combination of equipment that has been developed and produced by our in-house Products & Technology team and equipment that is provided from our industry leading supply partners.
- Develop experience in IT based communication protocols, using technical software for the operating and fault diagnosis of equipment, while gaining an understanding of why and when there is a requirement to upgrade systems firmware.
- Learning how to complete visual inspections, function test and perform fault diagnosis on systems returning with reported issue as to make an informed decision on whether repairs can be carried out in-house or require to be returned to manufacturer along with all associated reporting.
- Gain experience on the application, navigation, and maintenance of a Global Asset Tracking system/database.
- Conducting equipment packing and certification checks before equipment is dispatched to clients and performing document and equipment inspections when equipment is returned from our clients.
- This is a great opportunity for a student who is studying for an Electronic and/or Electrical Engineering qualification as it will give you practical experience of working with specialist survey equipment, the majority of which is complex in design and functionality.