Summer Placement Student – Green Ports
🚀 Summer Internship
- The position is for a 12-week summer placement student with strong aspirations to pursue a career in consultancy. As a member of our Green Ports consulting team, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s top maritime experts on projects that reshape the port and maritime sector helping our client’s to tackle some of the most important challenges of our time from Net Zero and climate change resilience to enhancement of biodiversity and the electrification of ports.
- You’ll collaborate on challenging projects with team members from many backgrounds and disciplines, increasing your understanding of the complex business problems facing maritime clients worldwide. You’ll work with colleagues with diverse perspectives, developing new skills and experience to help you at every stage of your career.
Area of Responsibilities
- Collection and collation of project data
- Assistance with client audits, surveys and workshops,
- Desktop research, data analysis and interpretation
- Undertake research and feasibility studies in the UK and internationally
- Preparation of high-quality reports, presentations and workshops
- Preparation of commercial bids and proposals
- Preparation of promotional material
- Promotion of the work of the team within the company and at industry events
- Assistance with the commercial and quality management of projects within the team, ensuring projects records are maintained and projects show a profitable result and are completed to an agreed programme.
- Contribute to the use of digital technology to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Enthusiastic and personable
- An appetite to learn
- A self-starter, who takes initiative to build their own internal and external networks
- A proven technical track record and ability
- Good team player to contribute to a dynamic group
- Good communicator (written, verbal)
- Good listener
- A high attention to detail and quality
- Agile with an ability to think ‘outside the box’
- Interest in technology, innovation and digital solutions
- Interest in policy and legislative development in a range of sectors
Qualifications & Experience
- You will be studying a degree within, sustainability, maritime, engineering, technology or a science related degree.
- You’ll need to have completed a minimum of one year of your undergraduate degree.
- You will be prepared to travel within the UK and overseas from time to time.
- You will be within (or willing to relocate within) commuting distance of our offices in London.