• Starts Jul 2
Supply Chain Summer Internship 2023
🚀 Summer Internship
- You’ll be expected to liaise with third parties, keep track of our stock levels and make sure that when a customer decides to buy from us, our high-quality products are sat on the shelf waiting for them.
Area of Responsibilities
- Liaising with European factories, international third party suppliers and other teams internally to maximise product availability.
- Communicating with the Market Supply Logistics (MSL) to foresee any possible delivery issues between the international factories and Distribution Centres which may impact the UK or the International Zone Logistics team.
- Working closely with Marketing and Commercial teams in the UK or International Zones to understand the need for stock levels and therefore accurately forecast the potential of our products and maximise service levels to our customers.
- Management of daily reporting on behalf of the planning team & slow moving stocks.
- Building and developing relationships with customers to understand demand and resolve any operational issues which may occur.
- Drive Collaborative Projects - Focus on improving efficiencies within the current way of working and identify what opportunities there are to make our ways of working more efficient whilst maintaining the level of service required daily. Identify key projects to work on with your accounts to improve the service we deliver but also exploring opportunities to develop our relationship with these customers further.
- A logical and rational mindset; simplifying complex problems and offering clear and effective solutions.
- Capacity to understand the bigger business picture.
- A technical mind but keen to work within the heart of a business.
- Numerate and PC literate: Strong Excel skills in particular.
- Ability to work closely with all internal departments, Sales and Marketing, Customer Services, the warehouse, IT and Finance, requiring the need to be a proactive team-player, and be able to build relationships quickly.
- Ability to manage complexity and be able to consider things from multiple perspectives.
- Ability to build strong networks within internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and inspire.
- Ability to think about better ways of working and make ideas a reality.
- Strong attention to detail skills.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A university undergraduate (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).