Tax Assistant Placement - Aberdeen - August 2023
🚀 Placement Program
- Join our tax team on a 12-month rotational paid placement as part of your sandwich degree course and discover what it’s really like to work in business. Gain hands-on experience, build a network of contacts and get advice from our expert mentors.
- At RSM, you’ll discover a culture that nurtures individuality and an environment where everyone is supported to reach their potential. If you perform well, you could be given the opportunity to join one of our Graduate training programmes that will help you kick-start your business career. With us, you’ll always be moving forward.
Area of Responsibilities
Accounting & Tax
- At RSM, you’ll be a key member of our team from day one. Our placement programme allows you to experience working in the tax team alongside current trainees and experienced members of the firm. This hands-on early experience is invaluable as you take the next steps in your career. You’ll also benefit from on-the-job training from more senior members of the team and gain access to our internal training courses that will help you develop in the role. You will have the support of a tax buddy to assist you as you settle into your role and with your day-to-day work, and a more senior sponsor who will connect with you during your year with us to offer support and guidance on your future career opportunities within tax.
- RSM’s tax placement will give you a solid foundation in a broad range of tax issues. With us, you’ll be involved in projects from day one – anything from liaising with clients to preparing and completing tax returns. The variety of work we do and the range of clients we work with means you’ll have plenty of opportunity to discover a career path that fits your interests and long-term goals. With our support, you’ll have the space to grow professionally so you can confidently take on ever-more challenging tasks.
- Tax is a technically demanding discipline, so we look for students who are always up for a challenge and are quick to grasp new subjects. While you don’t have to be a maths genius, you will need to be comfortable with numbers.
- At RSM, you’ll be helping a large range of clients - from wealthy individuals to major multinationals - so it’s important that you’re adaptable. You’ll often need to explain complex technical information during client meetings and in written reports, so we’re looking for graduates with excellent verbal and written communication skills. We also look for team players who enjoy interacting with others and are curious about how businesses work.
You will need:
- 112 UCAS points across 3 A Levels or an equivalent level 3 qualification, or 104 UCAS points across 4 Scottish Highers/Advanced Highers or Irish Leaving Certificate (Higher Level);
- A predicted honours degree.