Tax Intern | Multiple Locations Winter 2024
🚀 Off-cycle Internship
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be enrolled in an accredited college pursuing a degree in business, accounting, finance, taxation, or related fields. They should be on track to fulfill CPA licensure requirements and have a preferred GPA of 3.0 or above. Strong technical skills, communication abilities, and a willingness to travel are also necessary. US work authorization is preferred.
- The Tax Intern will assist with tax compliance, planning, and advisory tasks for a variety of clients in different industries, including multistate and multinational enterprises. They will also participate in data analytics assignments, perform tax due diligence, assist with state and local tax issues, and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world's top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG's extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring.
- At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it's an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing the following degrees/majors; Bachelors and/or Masters degree in business, accounting, finance, taxation, mathematics, economics, information technology, data and analytics, engineering (financial, industrial or systems) or related fields
- Preferred: Degrees and/or areas of study: Accounting and Taxation
- Pursuing educational requirements for CPA licensure in the principal place of business (the state in which the office is located) for this position
- Upon completion of this internship candidates must have additional academic credits to complete before obtaining their degree and/or CPA eligibility requirements
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or above
- Coursework or minor in information systems, software engineering, computer science or data and analytics preferred
- Demonstrated quality service mindset; strong technical aptitude, critical thinking skills and ability to navigate MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication, time management and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Must reside within a reasonably commutable distance to the office for this position and be able to travel to reasonably commutable work locations using own means of transportation, such as a personal vehicle or public transportation
- Ability to travel and/or work on-site at client premises as needed, at times with relatively short notice
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future is preferred
Area of Responsibilities
Accounting & Tax
- Perform tax-related tasks, including compliance, advising and planning for a variety of clients in different industries, multistate and/or multinational enterprises including partnerships, corporations and S-corporations
- Participate in data analytics assignments using KPMG technology, the creation of tax return work papers and tax returns for our clients and the coordination of offshore resources
- Perform tax due diligence to identify tax exposures and opportunities
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax issues including compliance, advising, planning and controversies
- Help advise multinational enterprises on 1) business decisions, such as where to locate and operate, choice of entity, supply chain optimization and how to access and mobilize capital to fund global operations 2) tax planning decisions, including helping our clients anticipate and understand the potential short- and long-term considerations while considering a multinational tax risk profile, global effective tax rate and cash posture
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team on assignments and sustain excellent client relationships
Miami, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, Minneapolis