Technical Author (Computer Aided Engineering) 12-Month Student Internship
- We are currently recruiting two open positions for 12-month interns within the Documentation team for Simcenter STAR-CCM+ and related Simcenter products. These internships are well suited for undergraduate students on courses that include a year in industry. The positions are based in the Hammersmith office in London and can start from July 2022 onwards.
- Joining as a 12-month student intern provides you with an excellent opportunity to experience technical writing at a high level given the breadth of physics that the Simcenter products can model.
Area of Responsibilities
- Learn about computational engineering analyses using Simcenter STAR-CCM+ and other software products within the Simcenter portfolio
- Become a proficient technical author of content that is supplied with Simcenter software products
- Learn to use XML content development tools (oXygen XML Author and SDL Tridion Docs)
- Follow product changes throughout the development lifecycle as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Develop new material for tutorials and workflows and update existing documentation to reflect the latest product changes
- Interact online or in-person with colleagues in the UK and internationally
- Liaise with technical experts and software developers in understanding new product features
- Be able to demonstrate that you can explain things well in written English. Writing samples are requested before interview
- Be working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, physics, or mathematics
- Be willing to tackle new challenges independently and as part of a team
- Include a covering letter in your application that explains why you are suited to this position