Undergraduate Placement - Cyber Security Analyst
🚀 Placement Program
AI generated summary
- The candidate must possess traits such as a growth mindset, curiosity, innovation, resilience, and a strong team-working ability for the undergraduate placement as a Cyber Security Analyst at AWE.
- The candidate will work as an Undergraduate Cyber Security Analyst, assisting the Cyber Soc Team with various tasks related to cyber security. They will utilize their knowledge in areas such as Information Technology, Computer Networks and Security, Cyber Security, and Mathematics to contribute to the team's efforts.
- Information Services (IT) provides the People, Processes and Technology to facilitate the collection of AWE’s Data, Knowledge and Information from contributors, managing and storing it to optimise its efficient retrieval. Our people combine technical skills with an understanding of broader business objectives to enable the AWE to achieve its strategic goals and support National Nuclear Security.
- The Cyber SOC’s mission is to protect AWE assets by detecting and responding to Cyber threats. This is achieved through monitoring for external and internal threats, threat hunting, incidents response, forensics and investigation.
- What we do at AWE is unique and so are our threats. The Cyber SOC monitor both traditional networks and cloud environments and the SOC benefits from having a wide range of tooling available to the analysts.
- Analysts within the SOC have the ability to help grow and shape what we monitor and how we respond to threat. We offer and encourage self-development to ensure our analysts remain knowledgeable and the skills in order to maintain our mission.
- You will possess the following traits and qualities:
- Growth Mindset; You’re full of grit and determination. Clear where you are going and how you will get there.
- Curious; you’re a person who loves to think outside the box. (You’re a person who loves to take the box apart!).
- Innovative; you’re open to learning about new technologies and ground-breaking ideas.
- Resilience; you’re an advocate of ‘speaking up’ for yourself and others openly and constructively.
- Team Worker; you’re dependable and reliable. You’re interested in collaborating with and supporting others.
Area of Responsibilities
- As an Undergraduate Student within the Cyber Soc Team, we are looking for you to work in an exciting and growing area of Cyber Security. We are looking for students who are studying towards a degree in Information Technology, Computer Networks and Security, Cyber Security and Mathematics or similar and an interest or specialism in the area of Cyber Security.
- A market leading contributory pension scheme. We will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution.
- Every second Friday off. We do this by working a 41-hour week followed by a 33-hour week.
- 270 hours annual leave a year that includes an allowance for bank holidays.
- Access to the employee discounts portal – everyday savings on retail, hospitality and leisure.