US/UK Tax Placement Year – London, August 2024
AI generated summary
- Looking for a collaborative and dynamic student with strong communication skills, on track for a 2:2 degree, due to graduate in 2026 with a confirmed placement year as part of their undergraduate degree.
- The candidate will be responsible for assisting with tax preparation, advising clients on domestic and international tax matters, and gaining expertise in the complex issues of international taxation.
- Our placement year provides a wide range of practical experience within both UK and US tax sectors with structured training.
- Successful candidates could be invited to return on our graduate scheme, on which we provide the opportunity to obtain professional tax qualifications. Successful candidates will be supported throughout their professional studies towards the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) qualification in the UK and the Enrolled Agent (EA) qualification in the US, as well as potentially achieving Chartered Taxation Advisor (CTA) status.
- What we are looking for:
- For us, the personal attributes of each of our colleagues are what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voice to the table. We want people who are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We are looking for someone who wants to be more than just a team member, someone who wants to join a family of likeminded individuals.
- We look for students who really want to work in a medium-sized firm such as ours – we are not a cut-down version of the Big 4 but exist very much on our own terms and in our own right. We are looking for someone with is keen to develop a long-lasting career in audit, is inquisitive enjoys learning new concepts and enjoys working with others. We are not looking for someone who knows everything already, but someone who is keen to work hard and learn.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, are also necessary, as is the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Academic Requirements:
- To be on track to achieving a 2:2 degree.
- To be due to graduate in 2026 with a confirmed placement year as part of your undergraduate degree.
Area of Responsibilities
- Once your initial training is completed, you will be introduced to a variety of client issues, working within a tight-knit team to prepare their tax returns and advise them on domestic and international tax matters. Our goal is to provide all of our graduates with the expertise that will help expatriates, high-profile businesses, entrepreneurs and private clients comprehend the complex issues of international taxation.
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, Blick Rothenberg also encourages and provides continued professional development. We have flexible working hours, the option to buy and sell holiday, life assurance at 4x your salary, a cycle to work scheme, eye care vouchers and a range of other benefits such as cashback incentives and online offers.