2024 Graduate Programme – Building Surveying (Consult) – Local Government Sector – Manchester (September start)
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a RICS accredited degree in Building Surveying, 5 GCSEs at grade 4/C or above, and possess proactive, innovative, and service-oriented qualities. They should also align with the company's values, behaviours, and competencies, and be open to travel and have a driving license if possible.
- The candidate will assist in building surveys, prepare reports and specifications, liaise with teams and stakeholders, provide CAD support, solve construction problems, adhere to health and safety standards, assist with data analysis and administration, and work towards professional membership.
- This role starts in early September 2024, and is based in Manchester in the Local Government sector within our Consult engine.
- Delivering for everyone, everywhere. The work of government never stands still: changing requirements necessitates adaptation and evolution. And so too, their estates. The public sector faces many challenges when delivering projects and programmes for the communities they serve. From building homes to modernising leisure facilities there are tight timescales. Pressed budgets. Constantly changing political priorities.
- Our team provides a range of services to both public and private sector regeneration clients, from project managing large programmes of work for social housing providers, to scheme design and placemaking. And our development team are specialists in initiating and bringing forward new schemes, working in partnership with investors and stakeholders to create vibrant new communities.
- In our Consult engine, you’ll be part of a global think tank where innovation and sustainability take the lead. We collaborate closely with clients to understand their individual challenges, lending new ideas and fresh thinking to make strategic decisions and shape project directions. We will follow our clients where they work, often sharing their locations. Whilst we visit projects and sites, Consult is more about delivery of creative solutions than hardhats. If on-site action speaks to you more, our Construct engine might be your scene – check out the hands-on roles we have there, where you’ll be turning plans into reality on the ground.
- A future or recent graduate with a RICS accredited bachelor’s degree or higher in Building Surveying
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4/C or above, including Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- We’re looking for ambitious people who want to make a difference in the world. Proactive people who aren’t afraid of barriers, innovate, and have a genuine passion for service excellence. And those who embody the same values, behaviours and competencies as us to proudly move our industry forward:
- Values – safety first, client focus, create opportunity, and integrity
- Behaviours – curious, collaborators, contributors, and champions of diversity and inclusion
- Competencies – build effective teams, embrace change, solve problems, and build trusted relationships
- As our projects are spread across different locations, your work base will be flexible, and travel may be required to various project sites or Mace offices. It’s therefore important to have a positive and flexible approach towards travel. Due to this particular project’s remote location, having a driving licence would be beneficial for this role.
Area of Responsibilities
Construction & Surveying
- In Building Surveying, you will play a key role in assisting with the delivery of professional building surveying services, developing working knowledge to inspect building fabric systems for the purposes of asset management reporting and construction project delivery. Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with building surveys for various building types for assessment, defect identification and diagnosis and project monitoring
- Contributing to the preparation of reports to meet the client's scopes of services
- Supporting the preparation of reports, specifications and contractual documents to assist with the management of construction projects
- Liaising with internal (including multi-disciplinary) teams, and stakeholders
- Providing assistance/support for technical drawings as required using Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Applying working knowledge in discipline providing the team with support to solve construction and project-related problems
- Adhering to good practice implementation of Health & Safety and Quality Assurance.
- Providing support for project survey data analysis and assists with general discipline administration
- Supporting with general administration assistance and support to team members/project
- You will also work towards gaining professional membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), fully funded and supported by us.
- A permanent role from the moment you join
- Competitive salary + fully funded professional membership
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 2 additional ‘Mace Days’ off + 3 days paid Christmas shutdown
- One volunteering day a year
- Company pension (with up to 7% employer contribution)
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance cover
- Annual health screening
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Discounts and savings for retailers, gyms, cafes, restaurants, cinemas, etc.
- A number of other flexible benefits