Acoustics Graduate Consultant - Nottingham and Birmingham - (23-24) Required February 2023
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for the Acoustics Graduate Consultant position at AECOM should have a BSc/MSc degree in Acoustics or a related field, a 2:1 classification or above, strong Microsoft Office skills, a full driving license, and a willingness to travel and work out of normal office hours. They should also possess strong numeracy skills, excellent communication and report writing skills, attention to detail, self-motivation, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- As an Acoustics Graduate Consultant, you will contribute to project work by conducting acoustic measurements, data analysis, and 3D modeling, as well as providing technical advice to clients and writing technical reports. You will also attend client meetings, complete site visits, and undertake primary research and literature searches.
- As a graduate within the acoustics team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a wide range of technical projects, with a wealth of experience from within the team to support you and develop your knowledge and skills. Whilst the precise work will be dependent on current projects.
- BSc/MSc degree in Acoustics, Acoustical Engineering, Sound Engineering and Production (Physics or Mechanical Engineering if an interest/experience in Acoustics). Degree classification of 2:1 or above (or equivalent) is preferred
- Committed to becoming a corporate member of the Institute of Acoustics and ultimately a Chartered Acoustician
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- A full driving licence would be beneficial as the role will involve travel for site surveys
- Willingness to travel and occasionally work out of normal office hours
- Strong numeracy
- Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback
- Self-motivation, enthusiasam, hard-working, with ambition and drive
- Excellent research and report writing skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating with colleagues, client and stakeholders as appropriate and independently without losing initiative & focus
- Ability to work flexibly under pressure, responding to changing project and programme demands
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
- Contribute to the acoustic input, data analysis, predictions, and 3D modelling on a range of projects
- Complete site visits to make acoustic measurements and observations
- Undertake primary research and literature searches
- Support senior colleagues in providing technical advice to clients
- Technical report writing
- Communication with clients, local authorities and interdisciplinary teams
- Attend client and design team meetings
- Contribute to scope and fee proposals
- Undertake STEM activities