• Starts Sep 30
Administrative Assistant - Cambridge
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- Enthusiastic and motivated administrative assistant with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication abilities. Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and able to handle sensitive information with discretion. Must be proactive, customer-service oriented, and have a can-do attitude.
- The administrative assistant will be responsible for managing diaries, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, handling emails, processing expenses, supporting the travel team and organizing social events, as well as providing support for the reception and office administrator and undertaking additional administrative tasks.
- This is an exciting time to join the Costello Medical team as we are growing rapidly both in the UK and internationally, and this growth has been driven by our commitment to delivering exceptional levels of customer service and high-quality work. As a result of this rapid expansion, we are seeking a proactive and enthusiastic Administrative Assistant who will take pride in offering the best possible service to those they support.
- As an Administrative Assistant at Costello Medical, you will provide essential and ad-hoc administrative support to several members of our Senior Management team, helping them with a range of tasks. These tasks will typically include diary management, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and supporting with the organisation of various company events. You can also expect to provide ad-hoc assistance to the wider teams and divisions of those you support.
- You will be enthusiastic, motivated, and will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You will also thrive on making a positive difference to the working lives of those you support, proactively reducing their administrative burden.
- No prior working experience is required for this role, and we welcome applications from those looking to begin their career in an administrative position within a successful and thriving company. You will receive comprehensive one-to-one training from experienced members of the team, enabling you to quickly take on increasing responsibility in support of your senior colleagues.
- Essential requirements for the role are:
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to manage and prioritise your workload and adapt to changing deadlines
- Open communication with your manager, and with those you support, to ensure objectives are met
- A flair for, and attention to detail
- A good level of proficiency in written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for delivering outstanding customer service, both internally and externally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs. Knowledge of Outlook would be advantageous but not essential, as full training would be provided
- Discretion and the ability to handle sensitive documents and information appropriately
- A good level of proficiency in written English and arithmetic
- A high level of proactivity to shape this role and add the most value to those you support
- A “can do” approach, demonstrating the positivity and creativity required to continually improve processes
- Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times
Area of Responsibilities
People, HR & Administration
- Basic diary management for several senior colleagues
- Scheduling meetings and organising logistics for meetings
- Collating agendas ahead of meetings, as well as attending these and taking minutes
- Responding to, drafting, and filing emails
- Making purchases and processing expenses
- Providing ad-hoc support for the Travel team when required, and assisting with the organisation of social events
- Providing ad-hoc support for the Reception & Office Administrator and the wider Operations team when required, as well as taking on additional administrative tasks for company or divisional projects
- Our recruitment process includes a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team, followed by an assessment for you to complete in your own time. If successful, you will be invited to an interview with senior members of our Operations team. Our standard recruitment process lasts around 2 to 4 weeks, however this can be adapted if necessary.
- We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout 2023, including October and November, and you will be asked to state your availability on your application form. We can also consider applications from those seeking a deferred start date in 2024. Whilst there are no set application deadlines, we would strongly recommend applying as early as possible so that we can begin processing your application, as the role will close when a suitable candidate is found.
Sep 30, 2023