Care Assistant - Cambridge
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate must be motivated, positive, and possess excellent interpersonal skills. Previous experience in the caregiving sector is preferred but not essential. Training and support will be provided, including on new digital care initiatives. This is a great opportunity to join a leading company and learn from industry experts.
- The Care Assistant at Bupa in Cambridge will be responsible for providing high-quality clinical, social, and emotional care to residents, meeting their specific needs and offering support with personal care and companionship. They will work as part of a team to monitor residents and report any changes, while also communicating with families, friends, and other healthcare professionals.
- As a Care Assistant, you’re at the heart of making a difference to our residents. You’re as passionate about care as we are, and we’d love you to be part of our family. You’ll be working with the most remarkable team (we’ve just been awarded Care Home Provider of the Year at the Leaders in Care Awards 2022) helping people from your own community.
- You understand how delivering high-quality, personal and social care, is as important as nurturing relationships, providing kindness and warmth to individuals and your amazing colleagues. So that our residents feel truly valued, cared for and part of life in the home.
- We’re looking for motivated, positive individuals with great interpersonal skills. You understand what is important to others. Whether you’re an experienced carer or new to the sector, we’ll provide you with the support and training you need to develop, where you can learn from some of the best people in the industry. We’ll also train you on all aspects of our new digital care, transforming how you work, making things easier and letting you focus on care for our residents. It’s an exciting time to be with us.
Area of Responsibilities
- Assisting residents with a high standard of clinical, social and emotional care and recognising and meeting the specific needs of residents
- Supporting residents with a wide range of differing requirements from companionship to personal care
- Being part of a team supporting the nurse or senior care assistant in monitoring our residents and reporting change
- Communicating with residents’ families, friends and other healthcare professionals
- My Healthcare - Quick, easy access to support, advice, and treatment for a variety of health-related issues, including remote GP appointments, physiotherapy and mental health support – all available via one phone number 24/7
- Annual allowance which you can redeem against a menu of Bupa healthcare products, all to the approximate value of £350
- Free meal on every shift
- 28 days holiday
- Long service - For every milestone at Bupa we will reward you with ecards, extra holidays and money!
- Interest-free annual travel loan to enable the purchase of public transport annual season tickets
- Wagestream - Have early access to up to 40% of your earned wages within minutes
- We offer a range of Bupa pension plans – find out more on our career site
- Parental leave - We have schemes for adoption, birth parents and co parents -find out more on our career site
- Menopause Plan - Specifically designed to empower women to seek advice, choose their treatment and take control of their health
- Access to discounts at a wide variety of gyms and fitness facilities across the UK