Data Science Actuarial Analyst - Graduate
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate is a motivated and detail-oriented graduate with strong interpersonal skills and a degree in a quantitative field. They should be willing to pursue an actuarial qualification and have the ability to quickly grasp new concepts and develop practical solutions. Additionally, experience or willingness to learn programming languages and statistical modelling is required.
- As a Data Science Actuarial Analyst at Swiss Re, your day-to-day responsibilities will include providing strategic advice on modeling and data analytics projects, facilitating workshops to upskill actuarial teams, maintaining best practice guidelines, building a collaborative community, and coordinating with InfoTech teams on data analytics projects.
- Are you interested in data science and analysis? Get ready to kick-off your career with Swiss Re!
- We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn, broaden their knowledge and expertise and want to make a difference. You have a Bachelor, Master, or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience – we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2024.
- The program offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge company. Over an 18-month period, you will receive on- and off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different parts of Swiss Re.
- You are energetic and motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills. You pay attention to detail without losing track of the bigger picture.
- You have successfully completed your university degree in a quantitative field such as Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or any other degree with some quantitative component
- Willingness to pursue a professional actuarial qualification such as Fellowship to the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and develop these into practical solutions
- Experience or willingness to learn R and other programming languages/frameworks
- Familiarity with using statistical modelling and data science
Area of Responsibilities
- You will be an internal technology and analytics actuarial consultant involved in a broad range of interesting topics, just have a look below:
- Upskilling: Upskill users and facilitate tailored, hands-on workshops to help actuarial teams tackle business-as-usual cases using best practice programming and data science skills
- Consulting: Provide strategic advice on modelling and data analytics projects also supporting on the implementation phase on key initiatives
- Recommended practices: Maintain best practice guidelines for topics on programming, statistical modelling data science and communication
- Community: Build a collaborative community on actuarial modelling, data science and analytics
- Infrastructure: Coordinate with InfoTech teams on data analytics and infrastructure projects