Developer (Graduate/Trainee/Entry level)
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate will work with a development team to implement new features on the Defence Recruiting System, troubleshoot issues, support transformation activities, interact with clients and SMEs, collaborate with QA/testing, and review code changes.
- You will get the opportunity for a real hands on experience with the key operational teams developing next generation solutions for a mission critical service. You will have a specific focus on next generation solutions within the cloud environment.
- This is by no means a standard coding and build role, but an opportunity to support an end to end mission critical service working across all areas of technology. In addition, there will be high profile engagement with the Operations team, gaining experience first-hand of the operational requirements.
- Someone who is keen to continue their career in development
- Can do and positive work attitude
- Ability to work as part of a small team or independently.
- Flexibility to work additional hours when required (paid)
- Must have the ability to gain UK SC clearance
Area of Responsibilities
- Working as part of a dedicated development team implementing new features and functionalities on the Defence Recruiting System (DRS)
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Supporting wider transformation activities
- Regular interaction with client and application SMEs
- Liaising with the QA/Testing team to ensure requirements have been met
- Working with experienced developers to develop and review code changes
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Home based role with opportunity to work in our Reading office if desired
- All equipment provided
- You will receive a full career development programme as well as a mentor/buddy
- Joining an existing small supportive team environment
- Excellent bespoke training with the opportunity to gain further qualifications/accreditations/certifications