Evolve Graduate Trainee - Engineering
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for the Evolve Graduate Trainee - Engineering role at AWE must be a recent or upcoming graduate with a bachelors or masters degree in engineering, maths, or physics. They should achieve at least a 2:2 classification in their degree and be a UK national who has not lived overseas within the last 10 years. They should also be available to join AWE in autumn 2024.
- As an Evolve Graduate Trainee in Engineering at AWE, you will collaborate with colleagues on challenging problems, undergo security clearance, interact with partners and customers, participate in early career events, contribute to a supportive work culture, track your progress and have opportunities for career advancement, all while making a real difference to the safety and security of the UK.
- It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
- What if you could use your skills in engineering to work with remarkable people, in unique facilities, on extraordinary products? What if you could do this alongside over 100 other graduates in a sociable and welcoming environment?
- Our two-year Evolve graduate development scheme offers you an exciting opportunity to do exactly this and to experience a variety of engineering roles where you will make a genuine contribution to keeping the UK safe and secure.
- Eligibility :
- You are a recent graduate or will graduate this coming summer
- You will graduate with a bachelors or masters degree in any of these engineering subjects: Aerospace/Aeronautical, Chemical/Processing, Civil, Design, Electrical/Electronics, General, Integrated, Manufacturing, Structural, Systems; or in Maths; or in Physics
- You will be able to show by autumn 2024 that you have achieved at least a 2:2 classification in your degree
- You are a UK national who has not lived overseas within the last 10 years
- You must be able to join AWE in autumn 2024
2:2 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
- What can AWE offer you?:
- AWE has a highly inclusive culture. You will be supported by colleagues and management to bring your unique contribution to our work.
- You will undergo ‘DV’ security clearance to allow you to work on classified programmes.
- From Day 1 you will be collaborating with like-minded people on challenging problems, and you will encounter many professional and personal development opportunities
- Depending on your specific placements, you may have the opportunity to interact with UK and overseas partners and customers.
- There is a vibrant early careers community at AWE. You will have the opportunity to socialise with other graduates and undergraduate placement students through organised events, the on-site Recreation Society, and ad-hoc activities
- You can join any of our six staff-led Equity, Diversity and Inclusion working groups to help guide our supportive work culture
- We will track your progress with you, and develop a pathway to future career progression
- You will gain a strong feeling of satisfaction that you are making a real difference to yourself, to AWE and to the safety and security of the UK!
- The opportunity to learn from subject matter experts and to develop skills that are applicable across many industries
- A market leading contributory pension scheme. We will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution
- Every second Friday off. We do this by working a 41-hour week followed by a 33-hour week
- 270 hours annual leave a year (including bank holidays)
- Excellent work/life balance and a vibrant and welcoming grad social scene
- Salary sacrifice benefits
- A welcome payment
- An option of an interest free loan of £1,000 as well as regular Graduate pay reviews and a structured and supported career progression
- Access to discounts on a wide range of everyday spending across retail, hospitality and leisure
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services