Global Mobility Tax Graduate Scheme (ATT/CTA) - London, September 2024
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for the Global Mobility Tax Graduate Scheme in London should possess strong communication skills, be collaborative and dynamic, have a desire to learn and develop, and be able to work effectively as part of a team. Bilingual ability is a plus but not required. Academic requirements include a minimum 2:2 undergraduate degree and the right to work in the UK.
- The Global Mobility Tax Graduate Scheme at Blick Rothenberg in London involves assisting clients with employment tax responsibilities and supporting the Expatriate Tax team with international tax projects and advising clients on international assignments.
- When you join Blick Rothenberg as a trainee, you gain much more than a qualification. You join the Blick Rothenberg culture and way of life. You will enjoy early responsibility and will find our business to be friendly and our working environment to be both lively and stimulating.
Studying for the professional examination
- Our trainees attend integrated link courses run by a leading financial training company in London to prepare them for their professional examinations. The courses combine periods of full time study and progress examinations with a home study element. The tutors liaise with us on a regular basis, allowing us to maintain an active interest in performance. Successful candidates will be supported throughout their professional studies towards the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) qualification and achieving Chartered Taxation Advisor (CTA) status.
- We pay for all courses, exam fees and study leave for first sittings. The company’s commitment to our graduates’ development shows in the consistently high pass rates our students achieve in the examinations. This is something we are very proud of. Our success lies first in the process of selection and then in providing the best possible tuition, both in practical and theoretical terms.
- What we are looking for:
- For us, the personal attributes of each of our colleagues are what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who:
- Can collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voice to the table.
- Are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions.
- Want to be more than just a team member, someone who wants to join a family of likeminded individuals.
- Want to work in a medium-sized firm such as ours – we are not a cut-down version of the Big 4 but exist very much on our own terms and in our own right.
- Are inquisitive and enjoy learning new concepts.
- We are not looking for someone who knows everything already, but someone who is committed to their development and keen to work hard and learn.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, are also necessary, as is the ability to work as a member of a team.
- The Global Mobility team work with a broad range of businesses across the world, therefore bilingual ability is beneficial but not essential.
- Academic requirements:
- If you have, or are currently studying towards an undergraduate degree you should have achieved or been on track to achieve a minimum 2:2.
- You will need the right to work in the UK from your start date.
2:2 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
Accounting & Tax
- What does the role entail?:
- As a Global Mobility trainee, you will work across the following teams which form the wider Global Mobility Team:
- Employment Tax:
- As an assistant, your role will be to support our clients (predominantly small to medium enterprises) with tax responsibilities related to employment. Meeting deadlines and compliance standards for these responsibilities is crucial to clients to avoid complex penalties.
- The Employment Tax team support our clients with navigating employment tax (ranging from pensions, benefits, expenses) whilst maintaining compliance with legislation. This may include the preparation of employment tax returns such as P11D forms and PAYE Settlement Agreements etc. The senior members of the team will also require your help with employment status queries, expense policies, HMRC compliance reviews among other things. You will also support the wider Blick Rothenberg firm on tax queries related to payroll & benefits.
- Expatriate Tax:
- The Expatriate Tax team support clients with a range of international and domestic financial affairs across the Americas, EMEIA and the Asia Pacific region. This can range from employer services, where you will be supporting an employer that may have an employee working outside of their normal country of employment. These could be employer tax compliance issues, assignment policy and planning or employee services.
- As a trainee within the Expatriate Tax team, you will be involved in a broad range of tax projects and provide tax advice and consulting services to clients. You will work as part of a team to advise and guide clients on the planning and implications involved in international assignments and resolving client queries. You will also be responsible for reviewing and preparing tax returns as required.
- The Expatriate Tax department have dedicated teams to support employees and businesses from various countries, including China, Germany, the US, France and many more.