Graduate Building Physics Engineer (Building Services)
💼 Graduate Job
⌛ 16d left
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for the Graduate Building Physics Engineer role at Ramboll should have a strong understanding of building physics principles and a basic knowledge of passive design, low and zero carbon technologies, and 'net zero' concepts. They should also have experience with dynamic thermal modelling, carbon calculation software, and coding skills, particularly in IES VE, Rhino Grasshopper, SAP, Python, and/or Visual Basic. Good communication and collaboration skills are essential.
- The candidate will work on building physics projects, collaborating with colleagues and traveling to locations around the UK, gaining valuable design insight and networking opportunities. They will also contribute to the development and growth of the building services discipline within Ramboll, with potential for rapid career progression and increasing management and mentoring responsibilities.
- We have designed a training program that will boost your personal, commercial and technical development to kick-start your career with Ramboll. You will also be paired with a mentor and have access to a clear framework to work towards your professional development.
- For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Understand the principles of building physics.
- Have a basic knowledge of passive design, low and zero carbon technologies and ‘net zero’ and understand the importance of applying these principles in building design.
- Some knowledge of using dynamic thermal modelling, carbon calculation software or coding skills.
- Experience of using IES VE, Rhino Grasshopper and SAP would be beneficial, particularly if as part of any industry experience you may have attained during your degree. An understanding of the requirements of relevant UK legislation would be advantageous as well as experience in using Python and/or Visual Basic.
- We don’t expect you to know everything, but that you show curiosity, take responsibility, and want to deliver high-quality work. Ramboll strives to deliver excellent cross-functional solutions in a professional and well-coordinated manner to our clients. Therefore, we believe you have good communication and collaboration skills.
Area of Responsibilities
- The Early Careers Challenge is one of the highlights of the graduate training. This is a fun and exciting event where you get to travel around the UK and work on a project that will provide you with an insight into the concept of design. You also get the opportunity to collaborate and network with amazing people and peers.
- About the Opportunity:
- At Ramboll we passionately believe that building physics and building performance modelling is an integrated part of the building services design process. To drive best practice in building physics and building modelling throughout the business, we are now looking for enthusiastic graduate Building Physicists to continue to build our Building Services discipline in the UK.
- We offer a highly supportive environment in which you can develop and grow in your role. For the right candidate there is the opportunity to progress rapidly, with increasing management and mentoring responsibilities.
- CV Screening
- Screening telephone call
- Assessment Centre. T
Oct 15, 2023
- Hybrid & Flexible Working
- 27 days holiday per year + 8 days bank holiday
- Professional subscription + support on becoming chartered
- Matched pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- A great list of flexible benefits you can choose from including discounted taste card subscription, cycle to work scheme, gym flex and many more!