Graduate Civil Engineer - Bridges 202 Start - Glasgow
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a 2:1 or above in Civil or Structural Engineering, a good technical understanding of Civil & Structural Engineering, a demonstrable interest in Bridge Structures Engineering, and the willingness to work towards chartership with a relevant professional institute. They should also have good Microsoft Office skills, effective communication skills, enthusiasm, ambition, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- The graduate civil engineer will be responsible for various bridge-related tasks, including structural design, assessment, finite elements analysis, inspections, feasibility studies, on-site supervision, and scheme management. They will contribute to project design, assess existing structures, and gradually take on more responsibility within the company.
Applications are closed
- At AECOM one of our key business lines is Bridges which is currently expanding due to a number of recent high-profile project wins which will be added to our already impressive portfolio. We are looking for ambitious, hardworking, enthusiastic Civil & Structural Engineering graduates who have computational, mathematical and design skills. Candidates will work on a variety of projects from concept design to implementation for clients who operate either locally, nationally or internationally. Those selected will have to be focused on delivery of results to our clients whilst finding enjoyment in technically challenging projects.
- Minimum Requirements :
- BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering, with a 2:1 classification (or equivalent) or above
- MEng or MSc in Civil or Structural Engineering would be an advantage
- Structural modules or Structural/Bridge Engineering experience would be an advantage
- Ability to demonstrate a good technical understanding of Civil & Structural Engineering
- Demonstrable interest in Bridge Structures Engineering and developing a career in this industry
- Willing and able to work towards chartership with the Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Institute of Structural Engineers (ISructE)
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive
- Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
- Ability to work in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus.
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
- Successful candidates will use industry leading computer software while working on a variety of different bridge specific expertise including:
- Structural Design
- Bridge Assessment
- Finite Elements Analysis
- Structural Inspections
- Structures Renewal Feasibility Studies
- On-site Works Supervision
- Scheme Management
- Graduates will be expected to contribute to the design of structures from inception to completion, undertake the assessment of existing structures throughout the different stages such as on-site inspection and analysis, or manage the resources and tasks within a scheme of structures. AECOM is committed to the development of our graduates providing mobility between different projects and gradually increasing the level of responsibility within the firm.