Graduate Civil/Structural Engineer - Liverpool
Wilde Consulting Engineers
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, capable of working with limited supervision, and seeking increasing levels of responsibility. Experience in a civil/structural design office is desirable but not essential.
- The candidate will be responsible for conducting feasibility studies, preparing designs, calculations, and contract documents, supervising contractors, and maintaining a high level of technical knowledge in the field of civil/structural engineering.
- We opened our Liverpool Office earlier this year and have recently secured several significant local contracts. We are seeking to recruit an ambitious Graduate Engineer to join our team, assisting in the design and development of our current projects and contributing to growing our business in the Liverpool City Region. This position offers excellent career development opportunities, working on varied and challenging projects for a range of clients including Local Councils and Highway Authorities, Contractors and private organisations.
- We operate an ICE and IStructE accredited Training Scheme which provides excellent support and career development/progression opportunities for the right candidates. The Graduate Civil/Structural Engineer role requires a ‘hands on’ approach and the application of professional engineering knowledge and skills in the design of projects.
- Experience of working in a civil/structural design office is desirable but not essential.
- Applicants should be:
- Self-Motivated and enthusiastic
- Capable of operating with limited supervision
- Seeking increasing level of responsibility.
Area of Responsibilities
- Duties will involve; the preparation of feasibility studies, designs, scheme drawings, calculations, preparation of contract documents and specifications and supervision of contractors. A working knowledge of current relevant design standards/codes is desirable.
- Specific objectives include:
- Providing a high-level technical service.
- Developing and retaining specialist knowledge in certain areas
- Reporting to the directors and principal engineers