Graduate Construction Project Manager
UK Research and Innovation
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant field, knowledge of project lifecycle and H&S regulations, contract management skills, and good ICT skills. Construction project management experience, commercial awareness, and ability to work independently are desirable.
- The Graduate Construction Project Manager will oversee various construction projects, liaising with clients, coordinating with contractors, planning construction activities, and ensuring compliance with standards and policies. They will also prepare specifications and tender documents, procure and supervise contractors, and ensure project completion and user acceptance.
- This opportunity will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the Estates Projects to include the successful delivery of assigned works to programme and within allocated budget.
- The graduate will engage with and consult with RAL customers regarding projects, including the “brief”, interpretation of requirements and preparation of specifications, management through the project management office, and working closely with the estates teams and other specialists.
- This role will also take on some supervisory responsibilities for projects, and managing externally appointed professional teams and contractors.
- As a graduate within our Design and Construction team, you become an integral part of this multidisciplinary collective. This experience offers insights that go beyond traditional construction, thanks to close collaboration with our wider STFC team, including scientists and researchers. Your ideas are valued here, and your collaboration will fuel your personal and professional growth.
- Imagine supporting projects that facilitate research across a range of physical and life sciences. By delivering pioneering buildings and infrastructure, your work supports the efforts of our broader STFC community. Whether it's advancing laser-driven accelerators, pioneering space test environments, or laying the foundation for quantum computing, your contributions will directly impact real-world challenges and drive progress.
- This is where your skills align with tangible challenges, shaping the path of research, innovation, and daily life in significant ways.
- Achieved, or be on course to achieve, a minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant field of study
- Have the right to live and work in the UK at the time of starting employment
- Knowledge and understanding of the project lifecycle, including stages of design, construction and project protocols
- Knowledge of Health & Safety regulation, especially fire, asbestos and CDM regulations
- Approving contractors work quality
- Understanding of Contract management
- Applying legal interpretation of standard forms of contract in particular NEC4
- Good ICT skills, including MS Office and CAD
- Construction project management experience
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary design office
- Commercial awareness
- Good knowledge of UK building control and the application of current building regulations
- Good time management skills
- Able to work well within a team but also show excellent initiative alone and work independently
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
Construction & Surveying
- Project management of various projects incorporating all building fields
- Liaise with the client to interpret and define project requirements, scope and budget prior to works instruction
- Lead and resolve requests for information from the contractor delivery team to the Estates client collaborators
- Assist in the coordination of contractor works with building user operations, ensuring that CDM requirements and other site standards/policies are implemented
- Proactively and strategically plan project construction activities to avoid impacting upon the scientific programme
- Prepare specifications and tender documents relating to Projects at RAL
- Instruct, implement and lead projects using NEC4 processes and protocols.
- Procurement and supervision of contractors with minimal impact to the site location, including works coordination, integration, Safety and Quality assurance
- Ensure the Users acceptance and sign off the completion of Project works
Oct 29, 2023