Graduate Consultant - Social Value
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a good understanding of subjects such as sociology, geography, environmental science, sustainable development, economics, statistics, and data analysis. They should also possess strong analytical and writing skills, be competent in using MS Office software, and have a passion for Arup's approach to social value.
- The Graduate Consultant in Social Value at Arup will develop strategies, conduct research, collaborate with stakeholders, and enhance systems and processes to drive social value and impact across a variety of challenging projects in sectors such as flood alleviation, energy infrastructure, city planning, and transport.
- Our team of social value specialists work to embed social value into built environment projects to enhance quality of life and create long-lasting change. We believe with the right tailored approach, every project can create social value.
- We are looking for a proactive and engaging graduate who is has an interest in creating real social value and impact to join Arup's Northwest and Yorkshire Social Value Team. You will play a key role in ensuring our activities contribute to improving quality of life and reducing inequalities.
- We're looking for people who are curious and ready to evolve how you think and work. Our strength comes from how we respect, share and connect our diverse experiences, perspectives and ideas. At Arup, you belong to an extraordinary collective – in which we encourage individuality to thrive. If you can share your knowledge and ideas and encourage others to do the same; whilst having a desire to deliver excellent services for clients – we'd like to hear from you.
- Is this role right for you?:
- We welcome applicants from a range of relevant subjects. Successful candidates are likely to have a good understanding of one or more of the following subjects:
- Sociology / Social Sciences
- Environmental Science / Sustainable Development
- Statistics and Data Analysis
- The successful candidate will also be required to complete Social Value UK's Level 2 practitioner training within the first year of the role and may be required to undertake further specialist training.
- We are particularly interested in candidates that can demonstrate.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to synthesise information and draw conclusions that inform meaningful action.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to prepare compelling reports and presentations.
- Ability to present and communicate effectively.
- Competence in using MS Office software including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- A passion for and commitment to Arup's approach to social value.
Area of Responsibilities
- Your responsibilities will be shaped our clients, and needs of the communities we work in. They will include:
- Developing social value strategies and action plans.
- Undertaking research and analysis to inform social value approaches.
- Working with a range of stakeholders at different levels in organisations.
- Developing our systems and processes to ensure that our knowledge, insight and expertise around social value and impact is utilised effectively.
- You can expect to work on a range of challenging and innovative projects from sectors including flood alleviation, energy infrastructure, city planning and transport.
Liverpool, Sheffield, Manchester, Leeds