Graduate Data Scientist - Belfast - Summer/ Autumn 2024 Start
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a minimum Level 6 bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science or Data Science, experience in developing models using Python/R, knowledge of databases and visualization techniques, ability to work independently and in a team, good communication skills, and exposure to multiple programming languages and AI cloud computing services.
- The Graduate Data Scientist at Kainos will work on meaningful projects, utilizing AI and ML technologies to create impactful solutions that improve people's lives. They will receive support and mentoring while contributing to the development of high-quality solutions and gaining technical and professional growth.
- Upon completion of the 12-month Early Careers Programme, you will have gained knowledge and skills to help transform the organization and set you on the path to becoming the next generation of leaders at Kainos. Fun fact - 11 of our 17 leadership team members have graduated from our Early Careers Programme!
- Minimum (Essential) Requirements:
- Currently studying towards, or already obtained, at least a Level 6 bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject to include: Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Science, Statistics or in a similar highly quantitative field
- Problem solving skills with an appreciation of how to apply mathematics principles
- to gain insight from data.
- Experience of developing models in Python/R
- Experience using machine learning libraries (e.g. scikit-learn, caret, mlr, mllib).
- Knowledge of Relational databases, NoSQL and various visualisation techniques
- Experience of working on own initiative and in a team environment.
- An advanced degree (MSc, PhD) in highly quantitative field
- Exposure to multiple programming languages including Python, using tools such as Numpy, Scipy & Pandas.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate issues to other technical people, and sometimes to non-technical people.
- Experience of taking part in data science related hackathons, Kaggle competitions or Bootcamps
- Exposure to AI cloud computing services e.g. (AWS SageMaker or Azure ML Studio)
Area of Responsibilities
- As a Graduate Data Scientist in Kainos, you will work on projects where you can make a real difference to people’s lives – the lives of people you know. After taking part in our seven-week Data Academy, you’ll be responsible for contributing to the development of high-quality solutions that use AI and ML technologies to delight our customers and impact the lives of users worldwide. You’ll have great support and mentoring, balanced with the experience of being given real, meaningful work to do, to help you truly develop both technically and professionally.