Graduate Design Engineer - Motorcycle Accessories
Triumph Motorcycles Limited
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a degree in a related engineering subject, experience with 3D CAD systems, proficiency in Microsoft Packages, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure and in a flexible manner.
- The candidate will work closely with stylists and use 3D CAD software to design motorcycle equipment upgrades, create detailed technical drawings, consider various design factors such as material and manufacturing method, collaborate with internal departments and suppliers, document test work and engineering justifications, and contribute to specialist working groups to develop best practices.
- Triumph is the original British motorcycling company. We value our heritage and are famous building iconic motorcycles. Through bold design and purposeful engineering, we create award winning premium motorcycles that are truly best in class. We are obsessive in our goal to make the best motorcycles in the world and our Engineers are key to achieving this.
- Our motorcycles are all designed in Hinckley, Leicestershire and we manufacture components and complete motorcycles in five Triumph factories in Hinckley and Thailand, with further CKD (Complete Knock Down) facilities in Brazil and India. All motorcycle equipment is designed concurrently with new motorcycles and is developed and tested to the same exacting standards.
- We want highly motivated graduates with a passion for engineering. You should have the drive and determination to work towards taking full responsibility for the design, development and testing of motorcycle equipment projects from concept to volume production. You will have exceptional attention to detail, great communication skills, the capacity to work individually as well as part of a high calibre team, and have the ability to meet tight deadlines with no compromise on quality.
- In return, you can expect to work on a wide variety of motorcycle equipment projects across multiple model ranges. Through close integration with Chassis, Powertrain, and Electrical design teams, you will create premium quality products that allow our customers to upgrade and personalise their Triumph motorcycle, making it as unique as they are. You should be excited by the prospect of seeing your products on customers’ bikes worldwide.
- The expansive range of motorcycle equipment the team develops requires the application of engineering first principles and the ability to develop products for multiple manufacturing processes. These include but are not limited to pressings, forgings, fabrications, machined parts, and injection mouldings.
- Recently graduated with a degree in a Mechanical Engineering or Product Design related engineering subject
- Maths and English GCSE grade C or above.
- Experience using 3D CAD systems; full training is provided on PTC Creo.
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Self-motivated and resilient. Flexible and adaptable.
- Able to take instruction and work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, clear and concise written and verbal skills
- Well presented.
- Able to be flexible on working hours.
- Previous experience working in a Mechanical Engineering or Product Design role.
- Previous experience of working within an automotive or manufacturing environment.
Area of Responsibilities
- Liaising with stylists during the concept phases of new model projects.
- Produce motorcycle equipment upgrade schemes on 3D CAD (PTC Creo).
- Create fully detailed technical drawings to BS 8888 & the latest industry standards.
- Produce completed designs with full consideration given to the:
- Heat Treatment
- Surface Finish
- Geometric Tolerances
- Manufacturing method
- Duty & strength calculations
- Corrosion resistance
- Ease of assembly & component clearances
- Compliance with internal procedures and Homologation requirements
- Release components and kits through the internal design change system.
- Liaise closely with other Triumph departments and external suppliers.
- Create and update bill of materials lists (BOM).
- Document test work, design decisions and engineering justifications in the form of technical reports.
- Use computer programs and advanced analysis for initial validation investigations such as Finite Element Analysis. Training is provided as required.
- Attend and contribute to specialist Engineering working groups to develop and share best practice where appropriate.
- To undertake and assist with projects as required by your Manager.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your Manager.
Nov 30, 2023