Graduate Design Manager
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have at least a 2:2 degree, be proactive, possess strong organizational skills, have excellent communication skills, and be willing to develop technical knowledge and work effectively in a team.
- As a Graduate Design Manager at Cundall, you will assist in the overall management and delivery of data centre projects. This includes liaising with design teams, tracking progress, coordinating design stage issues, and providing organizational support to the team. You will have the opportunity to assume more responsibility as your skills develop and work towards achieving chartership.
- Our dedicated Critical Systems team play a key role in making buildings more energy efficient, sustainable and cost effective to operate. The team works solely in the data centre field, keeping abreast of current best practice while researching breakthrough technologies that shape future trends.
- You'll be on target to achieve at least a 2:2 degree
- Desirable if accredited with or on course to achieve Masters level in Engineering or Design Management related courses.
- You will have a proactive approach to take on responsibility and aspire to drive issues through to completion independently. You will possess strong organisational, planning and time management skills in order to manage your tasks and objectives.
- Collaborative in nature, you’ll be able to empathise with your team’s needs and utilise excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbally. You will be expected to use your initiative to overcome challenges and have a positive, can-do attitude.
- You will be expected to over time develop and maintain technical knowledge of the projects to achieve understanding of the design principles and take part in discussions on project issues between various internal and external parties involved.
- Possessing a desire for personal and professional development, you’ll be expected to work effectively as part of a team, be organised and methodical.
2:2 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
- In this Graduate Design Manager role, you’ll join a team who specialise in the design of some of the most exciting data centre projects in Europe and worldwide.
- Working under the guidance and supervision of the experienced design management team, you’ll develop your existing knowledge and skills by assisting with the overall management and delivery of the projects.
- You will get involved in liaising with all design discipline teams, tracking progress and coordination of design stage issues. You will be assisting in managing and controlling design management tools used on the projects such as schedules and trackers of client requirements and comments, multidisciplinary design meetings, outstanding actions, deliverable schedules, project filing systems and protocols etc. The role will also provide organisational support to the team throughout the project.
- You’ll have the opportunity over time to assume greater levels of responsibility and autonomy as your professional skills develop and you’ll be fully supported towards achieving chartership with accredited professional development programmes.
- A one-off joining bonus of £1,500, payable during your first month of employment
- A £2,000 bonus on gaining chartered status with a relevant professional body
- 23 days' holiday per annum (plus statutory holidays)
- A flexible benefits package which enables you to select additional benefits to suit your personal circumstances