💼 Graduate Job
⌛ 23d left
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a 2:1 degree in ecology or a related field, a full driving licence, be a member of CIEEM or working towards it, understand ecological survey and mitigation work, have good communication skills, be willing to work flexible hours and travel, and have a valid UK driving licence.
- The Graduate Ecologist at Tetra Tech will work on exciting projects and receive support to grow in their chosen specialism. They will assist in habitat and species surveys, data analysis, report writing, and collaborate with colleagues on multi-disciplinary projects.
- As Tetra Tech builds on its demonstrable track record as one of the leading global Environmental consultancies, we are seeking a talented Graduate Ecologist to support and assist our highly skilled ecologists as they undertake a range of habitat and protected species surveys including bats, reptiles, amphibians, otters, barn owls, desktop studies, data analysis and report writing. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop field craft and consultancy skills as part of a professional team in the great outdoors.
- The role is for an enthusiastic and passionate Graduate Ecologist looking to develop a successful career whilst helping shape the world we live in. With ambitions to grow our UK presence to emulate the success of the global business, we are looking for ecologists to join our national team of over 70 ecologists. We are looking for the very best people to maintain our position as a market leader which includes those taking their first steps onto the career ladder – after all, they are the future of our industry.
- Minimum 2:1 Degree or equivalent in the area of ecology, conservation or similar relevant discipline
- Full driving licence
- Be a student or qualifying member of CIEEM (or at least have evidence of working towards securing this)
- Have an understanding of the principles of ecological survey and mitigation work
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Be willing to work flexible, unsociable hours including evenings and early mornings
- Be willing to travel for work
- Valid Uk driving licence and ideally access to a vehicle
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
- From Day 1, our Graduate Ecologists not only work on exciting, ground-breaking projects, but also receive support to grow in their chosen specialism as well as training to develop the core skills needed to succeed in the corporate world. This is all part of Tetra Tech’s Early Careers Programme – as is the chance to connect with others also starting out in their career, access to mentoring, Chartership support, bonuses and more.
- We draw on the knowledge of our technical experts to develop the best solutions for our clients and our staff. A Graduate joining the Ecology team will assist our highly skilled ecologists as they undertake a range of habitat and protected species surveys, desktop studies, data analysis, report writing, fee proposals alongside extensive training. With career pathways defined for all grades of ecologist, the route to career progression and professional development is clear.
- This is an opportunity for an individual to develop their career whilst shaping the world we live in. They will be required to work with colleagues from across the wider business on multi-disciplinary opportunities and projects so a willingness to understand how other parts of the business work will be required.
Oct 22, 2023
Newcastle, Southampton, Leicester, Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff, Bristol, Leeds, London