Graduate Electrical Engineering
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a bachelor's or master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields, knowledge of CAD and BIM, experience with coding languages, strong working knowledge of Office, enthusiasm for a career in electrical engineering, and the ability to work independently and seek improvements.
- As a Graduate Electrical Engineering at Arup, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of infrastructure projects globally, providing support to team members on tasks such as water and energy infrastructure design, power transmission and distribution, and industrial process consulting. You will collaborate with experts from various disciplines to deliver effective and professional services to our clients.
- We're looking for people who are curious and ready to evolve how you think and work. Our strength comes from how we respect, share and connect our diverse experiences, perspectives and ideas. At Arup, you belong to an extraordinary collective – in which we encourage individuality to thrive. If you can share your knowledge and ideas and encourage others to do the same; whilst having a desire to deliver excellent services for clients – we'd like to hear from you.
- Is this role right for you?:
- Right now, we're looking for graduates to join our team of bright professionals across various offices. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and guided towards gaining professional accreditation.
- You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
- We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
- We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, General Engineering, Engineering Science, Power Systems Engineering, Energy Engineering, Communications Engineering (2.1 or above)
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, General Engineering, Engineering Science, Power Systems Engineering, Energy Engineering, Communications Engineering (2:1 or above) would be advantageous, although not essential
- Integrated Master's degree in electrical engineering, Renewable Engineering or similar subjects.
- Studying, or have studied, an IET accredited course
- A good understanding of CAD and BIM and experience of design projects would be beneficial.
- Some experience with coding languages would be an advantage
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Office and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilises 3D design and digital automation
- Enthusiasm for a career in electrical engineering, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Have an analytical thought process
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
- The Opportunity:
- Our Electrical Engineers apply their specialist skills to infrastructure projects across the globe. We offer our clients a broad spectrum of expertise and consulting services in, but not limited to, the following industries:
- Water - water and wastewater treatment, pumping stations, reservoirs, water distribution;
- Energy - hydro, CHP, waste-to-energy, solar PV, hydrogen. wind, gas;
- Power – HV/LV Transmission and Distribution;
- Industrial Clients – steam generation, chemical handling;
- Process - food and beverage processing
- Our clients include water companies, energy generators, energy infrastructure owners, rail infrastructure owners, Government agencies and councils, process industries and renewable energy investors.
- You'll provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts.