Graduate Environmental Planner 2024 - London
💼 Graduate Job
Applications are closed
Architecture & Urban Planning, Sustainability•London
- We are seeking a motivated individual who wants to become a key member of our team, assisting on delivering some of the UK's largest and most ambitious projects. This role would suit someone who is excited by a broad range of different activities and who can quickly adapt to manage work within any of the key aspects of Major Infrastructure Development.
- You have a desire to learn and you have a passion for Environmental Planning
- You have strong organisational and communication skills, both verbal and written. You will be a critical thinker with an eye for detail and a desire to collaborate and build your career within a leading multidisciplinary environment.
- The skills and experience we look for in our graduates:
- You will have achieved or be on target to achieve a minimum of an Honours Degree in any relevant Environmental/ Planning discipline.
- Any relevant work experience in the development industry across public and/or private sectors would be beneficial but essential.
- Finally, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time you start employment.
Area of Responsibilities
Architecture & Urban Planning
- As a Graduate Environmental Planner, you will develop your knowledge and skills by supporting the wider team on a range of projects. T
- he Major Infrastructure team delivers a wider range of projects across all consenting regimes (e.g. DCO, TCPA, DNS) and sectors (e.g. water, energy and transport), including a number of Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects.
- Our projects include the Thames Tideway, HS2, Water for Life Hampshire – providing water resilience for the County, M3 Junction 9 Improvement scheme, Riverside Energy Park, and a variety of renewable energy projects including offshore wind farms for clients and public authorities.
- As well as working to represent local planning authorities affected by schemes such as Lower Thames Crossing.
- Assisting with technical input into a variety of projects, your duties could include:
- Supporting and collaborating with senior members of the environmental teams
- Conducting environmental planning reports
- Conducting EIAs and environmental management studies and audits.
- Assisting in the preparation and submission of planning applications and monitoring the progress of applications post-submission.
- Liaising with and seeking advice from other technical disciplines within the Major Projects team
- Step 1 . Online Application
- Step 2 . Online Video Interview and Aptitude Tests
- Step 3 . Face to Face Interview
- Step 4 . Offer