Graduate Environmental Sustainability Officer
UK Research and Innovation
💼 Graduate Job
⌛ 26d left
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a 2:1 degree in a relevant field, knowledge of greenhouse gas emissions, energy and water cycles, and energy audits. They should also have an understanding of environmental policies, good communication skills, be self-motivated and able to work independently. Student Membership of IEMA is desirable.
- The Graduate Environmental Sustainability Officer at UK Research and Innovation will be responsible for reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions, analyzing and presenting data, reporting to the Greening Government Commitments, and developing carbon reduction projects to support the organization's Net Zero targets.
- We are seeking an enthusiastic graduate to be at the heart of ensuring our team works with carbon emissions data efficiently and effectively, supporting a science based target approach.
- The successful candidate will need a knowledge of carbon emissions, energy consumption to support our approach to energy efficiency across science departments. This opportunity will work within a small and supportive team across all STFC sites throughout the UK. You will also be supported and mentored towards either Chartered Environmentalist of SocEnv or Associate Membership of IEMA.
- Achieved, or be on course to achieve, a minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant field of study
- Have the right to live and work in the UK at the time of starting employment
- Knowledge of the causes of greenhouse gas emissions, carbon, energy and water cycles
- Knowledge of hierarchy approaches for key environmental aspects
- Knowledge of energy, energy audits, carbon reduction alongside knowledge of greenhouse gas calculation, monitoring and reporting
- Knowledge of the legislative and local, national and international policy framework surrounding energy and carbon management
- Demonstrable communication skills, team work and an understanding of stakeholder engagement
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and largely unsupervised with the ability to multi task
- Student Membership of IEMA
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
- Using your knowledge to reduce energy consumption, carbon emissions and improve environmental performance across STFC sites
- Responsible for collecting, analysing and presenting energy, water and greenhouse gas data, data reporting across the organisation incorporating external reporting to the Greening Government Commitments
- Using your skills and experience, develop and deliver sophisticated and high profile carbon reduction projects to support the delivery of STFC’s Net Zero targets.
Oct 29, 2023