Graduate Ground Engineering - Geotechnics
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering (2.1 or above), enthusiasm for ground engineering, strong analytical mindset, effective communication and team-working skills, familiarity with sustainable development principles, ability to apply Eurocodes in design, proficiency in MS Office, willingness to learn new software, coding or digital design experience beneficial, knowledge of UN Sustainable Development Goals advantageous. Curiosity, adaptability, and a collaborative mindset essential.
- The candidate will support ground engineering projects at all stages, including analysis, design, construction supervision, and asset management. They will collaborate with multidisciplinary project teams and have the opportunity to specialize in areas such as numerical modeling, seismic, risk, and sustainability.
- Our Geotechnical Engineers apply their specialist skills to buildings and infrastructure projects across the globe. We offer our clients a broad spectrum of expertise and consulting services in a wide variety of projects including transport, energy, water, waste, mining, land development, education, sports and leisure facilities, government/commercial and industrial buildings.
- As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule, on budget, and increasingly sustainably, but without compromise.
- We are looking for enthusiastic graduates to join our Ground Engineering teams across our UK offices. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
- Do you have:
- Degree qualified to a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or similar subject, at 2.1 or above (predicted or attained)
- Enthusiasm for a career in ground engineering, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- excellent engineering knowledge supplemented with a good understanding of sustainable development principles
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well within a team and possess an analytical mindset
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive, seeking to improve existing ways of working
- Understand how to apply the principles of Eurocodes in geotechnical and structural design
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and demonstrate an aptitude for learning new software that utilises 3D design and digital automation.
- Experience with coding languages, finite element software, or digital design would be beneficial
- Knowledge of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, carbon management or Planetary Boundaries would be beneficial
- We're looking for people who are curious and ready to evolve how you think and work. Our strength comes from how we respect, share and connect our diverse experiences, perspectives and ideas. At Arup, you belong to an extraordinary collective – in which we encourage individuality to thrive. If you can share your knowledge and ideas and encourage others to do the same; whilst having a desire to deliver excellent services for clients – we'd like to hear from you.
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
- You will help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you will have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we will give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills and experience.
- You will be working within a multi-disciplinary office supported by other ground engineering professionals of all levels of experience. There will be opportunity to develop a strong base in ground engineering, problem solve and develop designs, or specialise in areas such as numerical modelling, seismic, risk and resilience, or sustainability. You will focus on geotechnical aspects at all stages of the project lifecycle, including desk studies, ground investigation, analysis & design, carbon management, construction supervision & monitoring, and asset management.
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate in multi-disciplinary project teams, working alongside experts in other Arup disciplines. You will support the team across your region, we may require you to work in any of our offices from time to time. Our structure enables us to encourage and support opportunities to share workload, take international assignments, develop new skills and build your network across the firm.
Belfast, Birmingham, Glasgow, London, Nottingham, Edinburgh