Graduate Mechanical Engineer (Building Services)
💼 Graduate Job
⌛ 22d left
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate should have a relevant engineering degree, a passion for building services design, interest in sustainable solutions, ability to learn programming languages, effective communication skills, and an interest in digital automation and optimization.
- As a graduate mechanical engineer at Ramboll, you will be involved in designing and delivering mechanical systems for buildings, including heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and water services. You will also gain knowledge in building physics and sustainable design solutions, collaborating with various specialist teams to enhance your engineering competence.
- We have designed a training program that will boost your personal, commercial and technical development to kick-start your career with Ramboll. You will also be paired with a mentor and have access to a clear framework to work towards your professional development.
- The Early Careers Challenge is one of the highlights of the graduate training. This is a fun and exciting event where you get to travel around the UK and work on a project that will provide you with an insight into the concept of design. You also get the opportunity to collaborate and network with amazing people and peers.
- From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- A BEng, MEng or MSc level degree in a relevant engineering subject
- Interest in the design of Building Services, especially mechanical systems
- An active curiosity around building physics and sustainable design solutions
- Demonstrable aptitude to learn computer programming languages and complex data manipulation and processing
- Ability to summarise and present complex engineering concepts via different channels
- An interest in Digital Automation and Optimisation
Area of Responsibilities
- You will be involved in some of the UK’s most innovative and intricate projects. Each day as a graduate will offer new opportunities and challenges, ensuring no two days feel the same. Building Services is about taking buildings from an empty shell to a comfortable, functional, efficient and safe space. As a graduate mechanical engineer at Ramboll, you will be involved in the design and delivery of mechanical systems such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and domestic water services. You will also develop a rich understanding of building physics and sustainable design solutions that will inform the building service engineering design principles.
- You will become a part of the Buildings department, which includes Building Services, Structures, Civil, Facades, Acoustics and many more specialist teams. Your role will allow you to collaborate with all disciplines, providing growth and knowledge to enhance your engineering competence.
- CV Screening
- Screening telephone call
- Assessment Centre
Oct 15, 2023
- Hybrid & Flexible Working
- 27 days holiday per year + 8 days bank holiday
- Professional subscription + support on becoming chartered
- Matched pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- A great list of flexible benefits you can choose from including discounted taste card subscription, cycle to work scheme, gym flex and many more!