Graduate Programme, Business Tax - London (Sept 2024)
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must be committed to completing the ACA qualification, have a minimum of a 2:2 degree in any discipline, and meet specific A Level and GCSE grade requirements.
- The candidate will be responsible for tax computations and filings, client communications, research assignments, supporting team members, building client and colleague relationships, delivering exceptional client service, and developing soft skills.
- Our Business Tax team provides tax advisory and compliance services to a wide range of clients, from large multinational groups to owner-managed businesses, covering all relevant taxes, including Corporation Tax, International Tax, Indirect Tax, and Employment Tax. Your role will be in any one of these teams, with the opportunity to undertake secondments to others throughout your programme.
What will you be doing?
- Across your 3-year training contract, you can expect to learn the skills needed to support our clients with navigating an increasingly complex tax landscape through the delivery of a wide range of tax advisory and compliance related services. You will learn how various domestic and international tax rules apply to our clients, and how we can provide innovative, tailored solutions to support them with managing their tax obligations.
- You will work closely with existing client teams, including Partners and Directors, to manage the day to day delivery of our services, thus enabling you to develop a deep understanding of clients’ businesses and a range of professional and transferable skills from an early stage in your career.
- Tax is a dynamic, complex industry, underpinned by intricate legislation that is regularly updated. On-the-job training, via both in-person training sessions and a variety of courses on our online training portal, combined with support from the wider team will provide you with the tools to develop your understanding of this constantly changing industry.
- In addition to your client work, you will study towards the ACA qualification. This is an advanced programme that will provide you with the opportunity to develop both your business and technical skills. You will also achieve the government-recognised Level 7 Apprenticeship qualification, developing essential soft skills sought out in the professional services sector.
- You will begin studying towards your first professional exams soon after joining, instantly developing knowledge that will support your work in the department. Through tuition via an acclaimed provider, and a qualified team with the same experience, you will have the support and resources to study for these exams.
- Be committed to completing the Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification, on a Level 7 apprenticeship
- Have obtained or be predicted a minimum 2:2 degree, in any discipline
- A Level: Minimum 112 UCAS points in top three A Levels (or equivalent), excluding General Studies
- GCSE: Minimum Grade 5 (or equivalent), in English Language and Maths respectively
2:2 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
Accounting & Tax
- Preparation of tax computations, returns and supplementary filings, as well as client communications and deliverables
- Assisting with research assignments and drafting technical documentation
- Supporting members of the team on more complex client projects and advisory engagements
- Building relationships with your own clients
- Building relationships with colleagues both within Tax and across the wider business
- Delivering first class client service and working effectively as part of a team
- Maintaining and developing vital soft skills
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Online GP service
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount scheme
- Two volunteer days per year
- Charity contribution match
- Holiday package
- Option to purchase additional holiday