Graduate Project Manager
UK Research and Innovation
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The ideal candidate for this Graduate Project Manager position must have a minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant field, strong organizational and communication skills, proficiency in Microsoft Excel and an analytical mindset. They should also be adaptable, have experience working on projects, and be able to demonstrate their suitability for the role through a well-written cover letter and CV submission.
- The Graduate Project Manager will support a project manager in overseeing a multi-million pound project, applying project management practices, driving process improvements, and ensuring adherence to best practices for a specific aspect of project delivery.
- We are looking forward for a graduate project manager, to be a key member of the project office, working alongside experienced project managers and carrying out various aspects of project delivery including working to help standardise processes and reporting, and shaping the way projects are carried out in the particle physics community.
- Achieved, or be on course to achieve, a minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant field of study
- Have the right to live and work in the UK at the time of starting employment
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Strong communication and personal skills: confident use of language, good writing style
- Strong numerical skills and proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Analytical approach. Confident in the use of software to improve or develop new methods
- Ability to interrogate data to find solutions or answers
- Pragmatic and flexible, ability to handle change
- Experience of working on a project
- Part of our application process involves submitting your CV and a cover letter. Your cover letter should address your suitability for the opportunity based how you meet each essential criteria stated in this advert.
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
Business, Operations & Strategy
- To support a project manager on a project with a budget ranging from £5-£15 million
- To apply standard project management practices on the project under the guidance of the project manager
- To drive forward new processes within the Project Office to support project delivery
- To take on responsibility for ensuring best practise / standards are adhered for one aspect of project delivery
Oct 29, 2023