Graduate Quantitative Researcher - London
Susquehanna International Group
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have research experience in mathematics, physics, engineering, computer science, or econometrics and possess strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- The Graduate Quantitative Researcher will work closely with traders, analyzing data sets and exploring statistical intricacies in quantitative trading, while communicating insights and connecting with other quants and the technology team.
- SIG London is looking for PhD and Research Masters students to join our Quantitative Research Graduate Programme. Our programme offers a unique insight into the world of quantitative trading by applying research in probability, statistics, stochastic optimisation, numerical analysis, and machine learning, into solving real-world problems.
- Working from our brand new office in London's city centre, you will begin your career by being immersed in our education programme designed to bridge the gap between academic research and real-world problem solving. We start with the fundamentals of market microstructure, and progress up to financial data analysis, the concepts of market making and opportunity-seeking strategies, through tailor-designed projects mentored by experienced members of the team.
- Who You Are:
- Research Minded: You enjoy diving deep into a question and are interested in exploring the subtleties of the dynamic market conditions. You like building mathematical models to reveal patterns in the vast amount of data and love it when you discover a solution to a difficult problem.
- A Communicator: You enjoy building relationships with those you work closely with. You enjoy sharing ideas, expressing your thoughts, and listening to the views of others. You’re not afraid to discuss ideas and work with others to find the optimal solution.
- Analytical & Detail Oriented: You prefer to explore a question with your analytical mind - crafting and fitting a model, drawing conclusions by carefully interpreting the results. You’re not afraid to challenge the assumptions of your model.
- Research Masters or PhD Grad: You have studied in the areas of mathematics, physics, engineering, computer science, or econometrics, and are available to start immediately
Area of Responsibilities
Research & Development
- Quantitative Researchers are seated at the heart of our trading floor, communicating regularly with traders seeking their insight, and connecting ideas with other quants and the technology team. Through our education program and exposure on our trading floor, you will be equipped to dive deeply into data sets and explore the statistical intricacies within the realm of quantitative trading.