Graduate Rail Civil Engineer - UK - Croydon - 2024 start
💼 Graduate Job
AI generated summary
- The candidate must have a minimum 2:1 BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering, with modules in Rail being advantageous. They should possess strong technical skills, excellent communication abilities, and be enthusiastic, hard-working, and driven. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the ability to work independently and in a team are also necessary.
- The Graduate Rail Civil Engineer will utilize industry software and BIM modelling to integrate engineering designs, plan construction phases, ensure sustainability, develop safe designs, propose solutions for railway maintenance, conduct structural assessments, and design railway stations and urban infrastructure.
Applications are closed
- We are looking for graduates who are team players and open thinkers who want to contribute to some of the biggest challenges in transportation infrastructure.
- Selected candidates will be enrolled on our Graduate Development Programme and have the opportunity to develop their skills within a supporting environment which encourages challenge and collaborative behaviours.
- Minimum Requirements :
- BEng in Civil Engineering 2:1 (or equivalent)
- MEng in Civil Engineering 2:1 (or equivalent) would be an advantage
- Modules in Rail would be an advantage
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive
- Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
- Ability to work in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus
2:1 or higher
Area of Responsibilities
- Candidates will use industry leading computer software and BIM modelling programmes while working on a variety of different Rail specific expertise including:
- Integrating engineering designs from other complex railway skill areas such as signalling, electrification and permanent way;
- Planning the phasing of construction and commissioning work to minimise disruption to passengers and the public;
- Ensuring that designs maximise sustainability outcomes during construction and over whole life of assets;
- Developing designs that are safe to build, operate and maintain, and that protect the safety of passengers and the public;
- Producing concept and outline design proposals that solve client challenges in the maintenance, renewal and enhancement of railways;
- Working on structural inspection, assessment and design of bridges and other railway structures
- Analysis and calculation for new civil and structural components;
- Design of railway stations and working on projects that improve or create new urban realm, station buildings, platforms, footbridges and concourses.